PDA

View Full Version : Indy sequel tops 2008 list of movie mistakes

Midnight Mike
2008-12-31, 04:30 AM
It had a budget of more than £100million and the world's most famous film director at the helm.

But it seems that not enough of the cash went on researching the history for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

As a result, Steven Spielberg's latest blockbuster has topped a poll to find the most gaffe-ridden movies of the year.

Fans spotted a staggering 67 continuity and historical mistakes in the film, which took over £40million at the UK box office alone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... takes.html (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1103030/Indiana-Jones-Kingdom-bloopers-Indy-sequel-tops-2008-list-movie-mistakes.html)
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/12/30/article-1103030-02EAF68F000005DC-975_233x308.jpg

T-Bird76
2008-12-31, 10:53 AM
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was HORRIBLE! I started watching it on my flight home from London in Sept and about half way through decided that a nap would be more entertaining.

Gerard
2008-12-31, 11:22 AM
Unless the mistake is absolutely glaring I could care less. I mean how can you enjoy a movie if all you do is intently watch each scene to see if something is wrong. That is just a wee bit obsessive if ya ask me.
BTW the best line in the article is from one readers comment "Funny that an article like this should appear on a website that is constantly full of spelling mistakes".

T-Bird76
2008-12-31, 12:42 PM
Unless the mistake is absolutely glaring I could care less. I mean how can you enjoy a movie if all you do is intently watch each scene to see if something is wrong. That is just a wee bit obsessive if ya ask me.
BTW the best line in the article is from one readers comment "Funny that an article like this should appear on a website that is constantly full of spelling mistakes".

The thing is you didn't need to be obsessive one bit it was sort of like the movie Pearl Harbor. The movie opens with a scene of "Mitchell Field, Long Island" with huge mountains in the backdrop. I promptly hit the eject button on the DVD player and threw that DVD out.

Derf
2008-12-31, 01:23 PM
Lets Talk Die Hard 2 for the best aviation errors in a movie of all time...... :borat:

Midnight Mike
2008-12-31, 01:40 PM
My favorite of all time was that LAX tv show when Heather Locklear used a car to stop a DC-10!

Derf
2008-12-31, 01:49 PM
My favorite of all time was that LAX tv show when Heather Locklear used a car to stop a DC-10!

DC-10, It is possible...you need to hit the nose gear on a 90 degree angle with a hummer doing 220pmh....that should do it.....

IF it was Thanksgiving, you could throw a frozen turkey in the #1 or #3 engine....

Or how about a huge acme blanket to throw in front of the aircraft, the blanket (since it is acme) would instantly stick to the nose covering the windscreen....

Or you could give $100 dollars to the guys filling the aircraft and ask them to remove all the Columbian coffee.

How did they do it in the show?

Just remember,
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/deadfred821/Funny/MidgetsPullPlane.jpg
IF ITS GOOD ENOUGH FOR MIDGETS.....

Gerard
2008-12-31, 04:12 PM

The thing is you didn't need to be obsessive one bit it was sort of like the movie Pearl Harbor. The movie opens with a scene of "Mitchell Field, Long Island" with huge mountains in the backdrop. I promptly hit the eject button on the DVD player and threw that DVD out.

The scene you refer to is one of those glaring errors that are hard not to see (and I dont think I'd actually stop and toss the flick out, but anyways....). There are people out there that nitpick a movie to pieces which I do find a little wierd. One of the things I enjoy doing is going to IMDB after watching a movie to get some more background of the movie and read other reviews from movie goers. Here you can get about three-quarters good reviews,clear ideas on the movie and some answers to questions involving music, locations etc. THEN you get the one-quarter nitpicking obsessive people who must stop every scene to see if the characters shoes are tied the right way or in one scene his watch is on the right hand and the next on the left. Just nutty stuff like that that the average movie-goer wouldnt see and frankly could give a bleep about. I mean there isnt one movie in the history of movies that doesnt have some type of error in it. Just let it go and watch the flick.

Gerard
2008-12-31, 04:12 PM

What you've never done that? Sorry to hear that.
:lol: :lol:

emshighway
2008-12-31, 05:02 PM

But it is Heather Locklear!!!

Heather be thy name!!

She can stop time!!

http://www.heatherdeenlocklear.net/120/images/005.jpg

PhilDernerJr
2008-12-31, 05:13 PM
She's hot and all, but that's perhaps the most and worst airbrushed photo I've ever seen.

Midnight Mike
2008-12-31, 05:38 PM
She's hot and all, but that's perhaps the most and worst airbrushed photo I've ever seen.

Good gawd! That airbrush was a work of art, kudos to the artist :borat:

mirrodie
2008-12-31, 05:48 PM
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was HORRIBLE! I started watching it on my flight home from London in Sept and about half way through decided that a nap would be more entertaining.

I think we were on the same flight. I was in and out of consciousness too as I tried to watch that!

The movie opens with a scene of "Mitchell Field, Long Island" with huge mountains in the backdrop. I promptly hit the eject
button on the DVD player and threw that DVD out.

Tom, that was VERY accurate. At the time, Long Island was free of tall buildings and the Mountains of Melville can clearly be seen in the distance. :wink:

emshighway
2008-12-31, 06:08 PM
DON'T REMIND ME WHAT LUCAS AND SPIELBERG DID!!!!

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/187271/