PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Loot Thread

PhilDernerJr
2008-12-25, 08:35 PM
For those who received gifts this season.....wudja get?

Iberia A340-600
2008-12-25, 08:50 PM
I got a blackberry storm and a Wii. :)

Merry Christmas!

cancidas
2008-12-25, 09:34 PM
santa must know i get bored at work easily. he left me two tom clancy novels, "executive orders" and "ssn", as well as norman davies' "rising '44 the battle for warsaw" and jon fasman's "the unpossesed city."

Derf
2008-12-25, 10:09 PM
Well I really screwed the pooch this year!!! I had been bad when gas was almost at $4 in hope of getting coal.....

I got coal!

AirtrafficController
2008-12-25, 11:18 PM
#91 NYG Justin Tuck jersey
Nike sneakers
AIR International magazine November issue with JFK Poster

moose135
2008-12-26, 10:58 AM
http://web.me.com/aaronandpatty/What_the_Duck/Comic_Strips/Comic_Strips_files/WTD638.gif

Midnight Mike
2008-12-26, 11:24 AM
I got a blackberry storm
Merry Christmas!

Ooooo! Let me know how you like the storm, wifey wants to upgrade her fun & this is the one we are looking at......

Gerard
2008-12-26, 05:34 PM
A great North Face jacket but even better a wonderful afternoon of family gathering at my sisters house in NJ. In fact the best present was being able to use the Cross-Bronx Expressway into and out of the GWB WITH NO TRAFFIC!!!! LOL!! Now that was great!!!

MarkLawrence
2008-12-26, 05:58 PM
A new razor, lots of clothes and a Best Buy gift certificate which is going to buy a new tripod....

stuart schechter
2008-12-26, 08:20 PM
[quote="Iberia A340-600":1zh0yp0f]I got a blackberry storm
Merry Christmas!

Ooooo! Let me know how you like the storm, wifey wants to upgrade her fun & this is the one we are looking at......[/quote:1zh0yp0f]

I know 3 people that bought it and the next day returned it. They hated it and said it just didn't function.

USAF Pilot 07
2008-12-26, 09:56 PM
Yea all I've heard about the storm has been negative. I have the Curve and was thinking about upgrading, but after trying the Storm out first hand and hearing all of the negative reviews on it, I think I'll wait for something a little better/more reliable....

Matt Molnar
2008-12-27, 02:30 AM
rDs9IZWvjhc

Art at ISP
2008-12-27, 11:26 AM
I have the Storm, and I like it. It takes a lot of getting used to. I came from the 8830 World Edition.

They keep updating the OS, so I am confident it will be fine--I'd wait a month or so though.
You need to have it at least 2-3 weeks before making a decision on whether to keep it though-it has a lot of cool things, but again it needs getting used to.

At this point I would recommend it only if you have patience. I also have connections at Verizon Wireless if that would help.

And while on topic, I got clothes for Christmas--and stuff I actually needed too--plus a decal for my car that says "Georgetown Dad"--that was my favorite! My daughter knows how to get to me :)

Smartass Flyboy
2008-12-27, 04:10 PM
Santa apparently didn't think I was good enough for the D80 :( But I did get my Dremmel kit 8) that I wanted (just in time for me to complete more Warhammer models before ICON) and a new waffle iron :D , plus the usual coolection of clothes and gadgets. Oh well there's always the upcomming Presidents Day sales. :borat:

flyboy 28
2008-12-27, 10:04 PM
New socks, the new Rush DVD (awesome) and a new camera bag. I'm happy. :)

Lezam
2008-12-27, 10:44 PM
I got a wallet. I also won a raffle for a $180 Best Buy giftcard :D

Iberia A340-600
2008-12-27, 10:45 PM
I can't complain about the Storm, it functions and serves it purpose for me as a phone. However if I was a professional using it for my job I would suggest waiting until the Blackberry Bold comes out for Verizon or until an updated version of the Storm is out. Typing is a little harder then I would like it to be but its manageable.

PhilDernerJr
2008-12-28, 07:00 AM
I made out like a bandit thanks to loved ones.

- Coin bank that counts money
- Clothing gift card
- Gary Carter t-shirt
- Airline calendar
- Clothes, clothes, clothes
- Milspec desert boots
- "Bruise Brothers" book, autographed by Joey Kocur and Bob Probert!!
- Colin Powell book
- La Guardia Airport book
- Portable DVD Player
- field compass
- 2 xmas ornaments
- Ratchet set
- NY Rangers tickets (section 47!!!)
- 2 vintage NHL t-shirts (Hartford Whalers and an old Rangers)
- $50 gift card to inlinewarehouse.com
- Ralph Lauren knit cap
- Ralph Lauren knit gloves
- Ralph Lauren scarf
- Assorted candy and gum
- Large bottles of special soap, face cleanser and face lotion that I use.
- 6 Soffe t-shirts (made for military) in black and desert.
- NYPD Blue Season 2 DVD

cancidas
2008-12-28, 08:03 AM
- Milspec desert boots
now there's a gift that keeps on giving... :borat:

jealous, but glad someone else appreciates a quality t-shirt. i wear the old school brown from back in the day.

Mellyrose
2008-12-28, 10:48 AM
I got:

-Logitech Speakers for my iPhone/iPod/Macbook. The quality is amazing, plus it holds a 10 hour charge so I can take 'em places!
-A vacuum. (I know what some will think about this, but I actually wanted it)
-Several books & Art Nouveau bookmarks
-Tickets to Mamma Mia! on Broadway :D
-Mets paraphernalia (keychain, baseball leather bracelets)
-Assorted ornaments from friends
-$50 Macy's giftcard
-$250 Bliss Spa certificate

PhilDernerJr
2008-12-28, 01:05 PM
- Milspec desert boots
now there's a gift that keeps on giving... :borat:

I'm seriously shocked at how comfortable they are. I put them on and they required practically zero breaking-in. zip-up, tie 'em tight, and when I bend my ankle....zero resistance or discomfort. Amazing.

jealous, but glad someone else appreciates a quality t-shirt. i wear the old school brown from back in the day.

You're right, great shirts. I've had others for a near with constant abuse from me, and they don't wear down or anything. Soft, not-itchy. Sure it's just a t-shirt, but people who know me know how picky I get with shirts.

moose135
2008-12-28, 01:22 PM
Sure it's just a t-shirt, but people who know me know how picky I get with shirts.
And apparently with your soap and body lotion too! :wink:

PhilDernerJr
2008-12-28, 01:25 PM
If you saw my face the morning after a hockey game, you'd understand why the special lotion! I look like a big frosted flake.

T-Bird76
2008-12-28, 01:53 PM
Gifts that I got

Platinum cuff links
Garmin Nuvi GPS
Factory iPod kit and installation for my Nissan
1.5 hour full body massage with renowned LMT Debra Ann Grimes

Delta777LR
2008-12-30, 03:21 AM
New shirts for me and a new back pack