PDA

View Full Version : Anet Sucks...No Longer and Opinion

Derf
2008-12-14, 11:41 AM
PUSHING CODE that was bad is one thing....to think that I signed up to upload was a huge leap for me being I do not like them from their past few months performance and I DID NOT GET A REPLY....but 10 hours of people complaining that the homepage has spyware???

Yep, DM proved yesterday how bad they suck! I can not beleive that I was trying to upload to them.

I am not so upset about the spyware, but 10 hours of infecting machines with no taking the homepage down or fixing???? So long for the 2nd time. Infecting work machines??? SEE YA!! [email protected] media huh? I will stay far away! :evil:

Signed P!ssed

Derf
2008-12-14, 11:47 AM
Oh, and please do not set me off with "BUT IT WAS A WEEKEND". It is a paid site and the IT company dropped the ball big time and then took it way further with 10 hours of infections. I am in IT and this is horrible. Had this been smugmug, my site... I would be looking for a different company for this level of uslessness.

I can not believe this!

Matt Molnar
2008-12-14, 01:34 PM
What happened exactly?

Derf
2008-12-14, 01:45 PM
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/site_related/read.main/79485/

For 10 hours they had an add on their main page that was infected with malware and asking to install the dreaded antivirus/spyware software. This was going after being reported for 10 additional hours.... I could understand a few hours but 10?

Jetphotos management make money off their site but we do not pay, I would be upset if it was on their site...but with Anet being a pay site where users PAY to use forums, this is beyond any issue with like this site or my site where is there is no revenue for people to browse.

I really wonder if it was just one huge clusterfk or two....10 hours is the worst part, but the fact that an Add was allowed to be put on the homepage... (if it was on an non Anet server, the second part could not be blamed on Anet....I must admit that that may have been out of their control).

I can no longer click on any anet picture at work or on any other computer than my own now as I do not trust the management that they can do the right thing......THAT WAS A GREAT SCRWUP!

SoPictureThis
2008-12-14, 01:59 PM
PUSHING CODE that was bad is one thing....to think that I signed up to upload was a huge leap for me being I do not like them from their past few months performance and I DID NOT GET A REPLY....but 10 hours of people complaining that the homepage has spyware???

Yep, DM proved yesterday how bad they suck! I can not beleive that I was trying to upload to them.

I am not so upset about the spyware, but 10 hours of infecting machines with no taking the homepage down or fixing???? So long for the 2nd time. Infecting work machines??? SEE YA!! [email protected] media huh? I will stay far away! :evil:

Signed P!ssed

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....waaaaaaaaaaaaaa......omg let's totally whine about things. Let's see. You come on a board, no way related to the site you're discussing, and make an incoherent angry post about your displeasure? Really? You plan for things to be solved that way? Hope others might join on the bandwagon and share your sentiment? ...Cuz, being upset and voicing it somewhere completely different accomplishes a lot...

How about you do something progressive. Might I suggest writing to either Customer Service or DM itself and sharing your thoughts? MAYBE even calmly informing of them what appears faulty to you, as opposed to solely sharing the fact you're distraught? Try it, something good might happen...surprise yourself.

Not sure what you're wanting to get out of your anti-Anet rant on a site that is, not, infact Anet... :roll: :lol:

Warm regards,

- jMay

Derf
2008-12-14, 02:17 PM
I am glad that you find that funny.... but duh, we all go to anet and Jetphotos. I can feel Anet Sucks and I can voice that here as we almost all use it or go to it.... Do a search for anet, and if you feel this is out of line and tell me that all the other threads on anet are wrong too...You can feel the way you want...even thou you are wrong, I can only assume that you have a PERSONAL ATTACHMENT TO ANET. I have no idea but I would put money on it!

go ahead and keep laughing at me, but my point, and rant is warranted. Do not agree? You do not have to.

PhilDernerJr
2008-12-14, 02:21 PM
This thread is being locked. Hardcore Anti-Anet or Anti-JP threads are not allowed, and this is a clear example of it.

Not to mention the all-caps title and the wrong forum for even healthy discussions pertaining to photo sites.

Sorry if I'm singling you out, Derf. I just don't want that here.