PDA

View Full Version : FREE giant A1 size poster New York's John F Kennedy Airport

Dino
2008-11-27, 06:37 AM
Dear All,

(Posted with permission of the Forum owner)

In the November issue of AIR International magazine there is a FREE giant A1 size poster (see below) showing the airlines of New York's John F Kennedy Airport. It features high quality sideview artwork of the carriers that fly into the famous airport and details of which terminals they each use.

AIR International is on sale at Borders and other good outlets.

http://airinternational.com/download/jfk_airport.jpg

Kind regards
Dino Carrara
Assistant Editor
AIR International

T-Bird76
2008-11-27, 11:50 AM
WOW! That is very cool! Thanks for posting this.

PhilDernerJr
2008-11-27, 04:25 PM
Yes, definitely cool.

But missing North American Airlines, HQed here. :(

Regardless, a nice magazine that can be found on the stands around here!

MarkLawrence
2008-11-27, 06:11 PM
Going to search Barnes and Noble tomorrow - thanks for the heads up!

Dino
2008-11-28, 06:23 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks for the nice comments about the poster. You should find AIR International in the main magazine stores, however if anyone has any trouble finding it a copy can be purchased via www.airinternational.com (http://www.airinternational.com)

Cheers

Dino Carrara
Assistant Editor
AIR International

G-BOAD
2008-12-01, 04:00 PM
Looks like a great poster, and i will be sure to pick up a copy, thanks for the heads up!
Just want to know, what is the airline below the Swiss A330, left of the Olympic A340?

Iberia A340-600
2008-12-01, 04:05 PM
Looks like a great poster, and i will be sure to pick up a copy, thanks for the heads up!
Just want to know, what is the airline below the Swiss A330, left of the Olympic A340?

Taca A320

stuart schechter
2008-12-02, 11:21 AM
Looks cool! I will be picking that up the next time I pass through Grand Central because my local Barnes and Nobel only carries simulation magazines.

LOTAlex
2008-12-02, 06:46 PM
Is there a limit on posters? I would get like 6 and sell 5 on Ebay. :wink:

PhilDernerJr
2008-12-02, 06:53 PM
I wouldn't admit to selling them on ebay in a thread that the magazine's editor started.

Dino
2008-12-03, 07:54 AM
Hi guys,

For anyone interested in getting the JFK poster, the cover to look out for in the shops is shown below.

http://www.airinternational.com/download/ai_01nov.jpg

Kind regards

Dino Carrara
Assistant Editor
AIR International

Delta777LR
2008-12-03, 10:57 AM
I gotta get that magizine soon. As for cargo carriers, Icelandair Cargo, Alitalia Cargo, World Cargo, EVA Air Cargo, Saudi Cargo, Tradewinds, Asiana Cargo, Cathay Cargo, Air France Cargo and EL Al/CAL are not listed. Why is that? Also Qatar isnt listed either

mirrodie
2008-12-03, 02:00 PM
I wouldn't admit to selling them on ebay in a thread that the magazine's editor started.

Well, I wouldn't call the poster, "FREE" either. The poster costs 3.95 pounds.

PhilDernerJr
2008-12-03, 02:07 PM
I gotta get that magizine soon. As for cargo carriers, Icelandair Cargo, Alitalia Cargo, World Cargo, EVA Air Cargo, Saudi Cargo, Tradewinds, Asiana Cargo, Cathay Cargo, Air France Cargo and EL Al/CAL are not listed. Why is that? Also Qatar isnt listed either

Ones that are redundant with passenger airlines....I think that's somewhat understandable. Also, Qatara is a new service.

I still wish NAA was on there. :(

Well, I wouldn't call the poster, "FREE" either. The poster costs 3.95 pounds.

This is true.

mirrodie
2008-12-03, 02:14 PM
Qatara. Must be really new :mrgreen:

flyboy 28
2008-12-03, 02:25 PM
Went to Border's last night to take a look, to no avail. Actually, there's no aviation magazines whatsoever at the local one. I guess I'll order it online.

mirrodie
2008-12-03, 03:55 PM
Make sure you don't pay for your free poster

Speedbird1
2008-12-09, 11:20 AM
Thanks. Last year, I bought the issue with the "free" poster of Heathrow Airport. I hung it up immediately in my living room which already ressembles an airport with model aircraft all over. I'll look around, but I think the November issue is gone already.

Speedbird1
2008-12-10, 09:11 AM
I went all-over Manhattan yesterday but couldn't find any copies of "Air International". I tried Grand Central Terminal bookstores but found no copies. I'll try again today. I hate to order from the UK as you get charged for transaction fees to change USD to Pounds. I finally located a copy at the bookstore near the Rockefeller Center Rink.

PhilDernerJr
2008-12-10, 09:27 AM
I was at a Barnes abd Noble near me recently and I didn't see ANY of the four typical airline magazines. Little concerning.

mirrodie
2008-12-10, 10:35 AM
You mean you didn't see your "FREE" poster?

What a joke.

PhilDernerJr
2008-12-10, 11:03 AM
I'm goin out on a limb here, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Mario is not pleased about the free poster. Just a guess.

Delta777LR
2008-12-10, 12:08 PM
I just got my Magazine yesterday. I placed the poster on my wall now. I got very lucky to get it. YES!! :borat:

mirrodie
2008-12-10, 01:14 PM
Phil what gave that impression?

I just have issues with misleading adverts about inaccurate posters, thats all.

Matt Molnar
2008-12-11, 01:24 AM
The Universal News by my office had about a dozen aviation mags when I looked today, but I didn't see this one....since it's a November issue I'm not sure it'll be so easy to find. Any way to get back issues?

Speedbird1
2008-12-11, 10:10 AM
I finally found the JFK poster at a bookstore in Rockefeller Center. It is expensive at $11. It should cost less as the British Pound is now about $1.50 USD. The poster contains a small message stating something like this is not a complete chart of all cargo flights into JFK. Imagine a poster like this 25 years ago showing all those 747's, Concordes, DC-10's, etc. It would be to "die" for. Also, be careful when removing the poster from the magazine. Carefully remove the staples first or the poster will tear. Last year, I purchased a similar poster from Air International showing Heathrow aircraft. It had a large B744 at the bottom and is hanging on my wall.

PhilDernerJr
2009-01-27, 04:04 PM
I ended up with an extra poster.

If anyone wants it, just let me know. You'd have to come pick up from me somewhere in Queens.

First reply that can come get it gets it.

EDIT: I received a message. The poster is claimed.