PDA

View Full Version : Feds warn cops of potential NYC terror plot

Midnight Mike
2008-11-26, 01:15 PM
Memo cites 'unsubstantiated' report on plan to attack subway over holidays

WASHINGTON - Federal authorities are warning law enforcement personnel of a possible terror plot against the New York City subway system during the holiday season.

An internal memo obtained by The Associated Press says the FBI has received a "plausible but unsubstantiated" report that al-Qaida terrorists in late September may have discussed attacking the subway system.

Department of Homeland Security spokesman Russ Knocke said the warning was issued as a routine matter, but added that there may be an increased police presence in New York and other large metropolitan areas.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27925893/

emshighway
2008-11-26, 07:19 PM
Yea, thanks for the extra work :cry:

Not as bad as it seems...

Matt Molnar
2008-11-27, 11:38 PM
I am not any more worried about getting blown up on a train now than I was on Tuesday. For the past 7 years I've been under the presumption the train I'm on can blow up any given day. It's more "when" than "if."

Given our already precarious economic situation, even scarier to me than the prospect of getting blown up on my daily commute is what would happen to the economy if there were a serious attack anywhere in the US.