PDA

View Full Version : Coke Cans on US Airways Flight Filled with Different Coke

Matt Molnar
2008-11-06, 02:09 PM
WNBC:

"Coke" Can - Not What it's Cracked Up to Be (http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/weird/Coke_Can_Not_What_its_Cracked_Up_to_Be.html)

By Jackie Morlock

Updated 11:18 AM EST, Thu, Nov 6, 2008

Just imagine you crack open a can of Coca-Cola only to discover it's packed with crack cocaine. Oh, it can happen.

Two airtight baggies of crack cocaine were stashed in two separate Coke cans on a U.S. flight from Montego Bay, Jamaica to Philadelphia on Friday, October 31, 2008.

How much drugs were actually found? 16 ounces or about 450 grams of cocaine, discovered by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

“For many of us, it is the first time we’ve witnessed narcotics smuggled in cola cans, but for each one of these unique smuggling methods we detect, it is one less concealment method bad guys can use,” Allan Martocci, CBP’s Director for the Port of Philadelphia said.

cancidas
2008-11-06, 03:04 PM
thought it was a cost-cutting measure by the airline when i first read the title. interesting idea though. each time i hear about one of these busts it always leaves me wondering how much was moved BEFORE the smugglers were found out.

Matt Molnar
2008-11-06, 03:22 PM
thought it was a cost-cutting measure by the airline when i first read the title.
Could be a lucrative revenue generator on those Caribbean and South American routes! :borat:

T-Bird76
2008-11-06, 05:46 PM
thought it was a cost-cutting measure by the airline when i first read the title.
Could be a lucrative revenue generator on those Caribbean and South American routes! :borat:

It already is! LOL How do you think Avianca stays in biz, LOLOL

PHL Approach
2008-11-06, 06:18 PM
CBP is very good on inspecting these MBJ flights. They are very careful with PUJ as well. They made a large bust about 6 months back on JM 45.

PhilDernerJr
2008-11-06, 07:10 PM
Avianca and AJM get a lot of attention from CBP here at JFK.