PDA

View Full Version : Blue Angels to Fly One Jet Short Due to Disciplinary Action

Matt Molnar
2008-10-31, 10:30 AM
2 Blue Angels grounded for inappropriate relationship (http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/10/31/blue.angels.ap/index.html)

PENSACOLA, Florida (AP) -- A spokesman for the U.S. Navy Blue Angels says the stunt-flying team will be down one jet the rest of its season after removing two members from duty for having an inappropriate relationship.

Capt. Tyson Dunkelberger, a spokesman for the team based at Naval Air Station Pensacola, said Thursday the squadron will finish its last three air shows next month with five jets.

Dunkelberger would not identify the two members but said the relationship was between a man and a woman. All six of the F-18 stunt pilots are men, and 23 of the 133-member squadron are women.

Steven Holzinger
2008-10-31, 12:43 PM
Friends of mine who attended the NAS Jacksonville Airshow last weekend saw an unnumbered Blue Angel depart that Sunday morning... apparently it was the slot pilot who was involved, judging from the fact that the decal that states the pilot that flies the airplane was not removed.

Gerard
2008-10-31, 06:13 PM
Well at least it was between a man and a woman. LOL!!
Heaven forbid!!!! :wink:

Nick
2008-10-31, 09:04 PM
With the Navy you never know!! :lol:

Mateo
2008-11-11, 12:20 AM
Heh. Slot pilot.

</beavis>

Steven Holzinger
2008-11-11, 12:08 PM
I've watched their demo from KSC last week (thanks NASA TV) and the diamond looks weird without the slot pilot there. However, it did work out nicely for their head-on break out.

I'll be seeing the team this weekend in Pensacola!