PDA

View Full Version : Is T6 Shut Down?

kc2aqg
2008-10-27, 03:50 PM
When I flew over JFK and T6 on my US Helicopter flight (video to be uploaded to jetVideos.net later this week) I noticed that there were no jetBlue aircraft parked at T6. A BA 747 and an Open Skies 757 were both hardstanded in front of the western half of the terminal (gates 3-7) short of Taxiway Whiskey, but not attached to jetways at T6. There were also surprisingly few jetBlue planes over at T5 as well, though I would assume that is where they all would be parking these days. Does anyone know what the deal is with T6 and what the plans are for its use and the trailer park temporary terminal?

Delta777LR
2008-10-27, 04:07 PM
I heard rumors that United, USAirways and Air Canada might be moving from terminal 7 to terminal 6. But I might be wrong..

Matt Molnar
2008-10-27, 04:54 PM
From my understanding T6 is closed, all the jetways have been moved from T6 to T5 and jetBlue only uses the parking spots as hardstands now.

There have been discussions and rumors about other carriers moving in there, but given the sinking economy and reductions in service it seems unlikely to me that anyone will move in any time soon. With DL and BA planning major renovations of their terminals I guess it could serve as a temporary home for some of their flights, but that seems like it would be a logistical nightmare.

B6MOVER
2008-10-27, 06:25 PM
The only jetbridges to be moved are at T6 prime aka the trailer park
All the other jetbridges will stay at T6

T-Bird76
2008-10-27, 07:41 PM
From my understanding T6 is closed, all the jetways have been moved from T6 to T5 and jetBlue only uses the parking spots as hardstands now.

There have been discussions and rumors about other carriers moving in there, but given the sinking economy and reductions in service it seems unlikely to me that anyone will move in any time soon. With DL and BA planning major renovations of their terminals I guess it could serve as a temporary home for some of their flights, but that seems like it would be a logistical nightmare.

Port has already said Delta can't move in because of said logistic nightmares. Plue there's no customs at T6 so BA is out to.

bluejuice
2008-10-30, 09:16 AM
Latest rumor is we have possesion till the end of the year. We still park AC there only as hardstands. The jetbridges are ancient and some are also from the old Tower air terminal. In order to have anyone move in would need MAJOR renovations. There is no customs facilities, and the infrastructure has about had it. BA has to request from us permission to park AC there