PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Presidential debate, October 07

Midnight Mike
2008-10-07, 08:23 AM
October 7, 2008: Presidential debate in a town hall format, Belmont University, Nashville, TN

http://www.youdecide2008.com/2008/10...ght-at-9pm-et/

Time: 9PM ET / 6PM PT
Channel: CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, PBS, C-SPAN
Web Stream: Fox News, or C-SPAN among others
Length: 90 minutes
Format: Town Hall - Domestic/Foreign Policy
Moderator: Tom Brokaw from NBC

MarkLawrence
2008-10-07, 09:20 AM
I really think this is going to be the turning point debate. Tom Brokaw is going to come up with some very interesting questions I think - he hinted at it after the VP debate last week - the one I do remember is Social Security. I think this is going to show a lot more of the positions on areas rather than a generalization of the state of the economy and who has done what and who hasn't done what and finger pointing. Well - I hope it will be more like that.

Matt Molnar
2008-10-07, 10:55 AM
I believe in this "town hall" format, the audience is going to be asking the questions, not Brokaw. Should be interesting, but again, I don't think we're going to learn anything new.

lijk604
2008-10-07, 10:28 PM
I turned it off after 30 mins. Just more of the same BS from last debate.
Obama said this, McCain said that. Etc, etc, etc.
All this negative campaigning is turning me off altogether.
All I know is whoever get elected, is going to be a 1 term president.
Too many people are going to get hurt, financially, thie next 18-24 months and whoever is in, is going to be held responsible, even though most of the bad decisions, are not theirs.

Matt Molnar
2008-10-07, 10:47 PM
Yawn.

moose135
2008-10-07, 10:52 PM
Should have had a drinking game...how many times did McCain say "my friends..."

I sat through the first hour, but switched to The Shield at 10.

MarkLawrence
2008-10-07, 10:58 PM
McCain's "My Friends" really got to my wife and myself - to us, it really made him a condescending old man. His shuffling while addressing the financial issues was really obvious - almost like he was nervous about answering the questions. His really talking down to the person that asked the question about Freddie and Fannie - "you probably hadn't heard about Freddie or Fannie before the crisis" - stood out. McCain still looks angry all the time - Obama seems to be relaxed and can take everything in stride.

In our opinion here at home...Obama 2, McCain 0.

bonanzabucks
2008-10-07, 11:21 PM
I thought McCain's comment on the hairtransplant thing was hilarious and I can't believe the audience didn't agree!

Other than that, anyone else agree that the town hall format is really lame?

Wingzero
2008-10-08, 12:05 AM
Yeah he's gotta stop with the "my friendshhh". Almost makes him sound like Herbert the Pervert. lol