PDA

View Full Version : Air Crash Compilation

PhilDernerJr
2008-10-05, 05:58 PM
LikeLeak.com has a video with a bunch of plane and helicopter crashes. Unfortunately, it references darwin, implying that the pilots of said aircraft were at fault, when in some of these instances it is their skill that prevented something worse. Some of these clips are actually new to me, and I've seen a lot of plane vids.

The helicopter crashes are the worst to me. Usually military choppers, you can see the guys ready to get out, but the craft goes down. I wonder how survivable those are.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=af5_1223096300

flyboy 28
2008-10-05, 06:14 PM
I believe the one with the Puma, Sea Knight and the last helicopter one [Russian, if I'm not mistaken], all crew had perished.

Matt Molnar
2008-10-05, 06:17 PM
The fourth one with the bouncy A320 is fake, as is the one with the guys on the boat.

PhilDernerJr
2008-10-05, 06:22 PM
The Puma, the Sea Knight and the one in between (don't know the type) are tough to watch. I assume the boat one were from drowning, but you think the Puma guys really died?

Gerard
2008-10-05, 11:13 PM
The one with the guys on the boat is from the movie "Always" a Steven Spielberg film about aerial firefighters starring Richard Dreyfuss.
The two helicopters colliding was from an air show/flyby in I believe Kuwait years ago. The rotor blades of both ships hit each other.

cancidas
2008-10-06, 12:11 AM
that puma crash is downright scary. to totally lose control of a helo like that is enough to make me $&#* bricks. as far as i could tell there were only two crashed there that were caused by bad pilots; the B-52 at the end and the C-206 trying to take off from a road. the rest were either accidents, or in the case of the PBY-5 and KAL 744, a sitiation where the pilot had comeplete control of the airplane.

there were a few clips in there that left me wondering, such as the C-182 on floats that nosed over into the water and the grumman goose coming onshore that made me wonder what really happened...

njgtr82
2008-10-06, 12:54 AM
The CH-46 crash had 11 survivors and 7 guys drowned.

PhilDernerJr
2008-10-06, 01:03 AM
Thanks, Bill. Glad some folks made it out.

Matt Molnar
2008-10-06, 01:06 AM
there were a few clips in there that left me wondering, such as the C-182 on floats that nosed over into the water...
I had seen that one before, looked like the wheels were down, which I presume is not where they're supposed to be when landing on water.

cancidas
2008-10-06, 09:17 AM
there were a few clips in there that left me wondering, such as the C-182 on floats that nosed over into the water...
I had seen that one before, looked like the wheels were down, which I presume is not where they're supposed to be when landing on water.
no! wheels+ water= immediate stop. well, you saw it.

Gerard
2008-10-06, 06:54 PM
no! wheels+ water= immediate stop. well, you saw it.

July of 1998 a seaplane landing in the East River off of E 29 Street flipped over upon landing. All 3 aboard survived and reportedly the wheels were
down when they landed in the river.