PDA

View Full Version : Ramp jobs

flyboy 28
2008-09-29, 08:30 AM
Hi folks,

Long story short, I work at a garden center, and after Thanksgiving, they don't need me until about April. So I've been looking to get a job at ABE as a line tech, but they aren't hiring right now. So I move on to EWR, and I'm wondering if I need to apply through the Port Authority or with an individual airline. When I go to the CO, US or NW sites, there's no listings for ramp rats. Any ideas?

Thanks,
-James

Laxgoaly
2008-09-29, 11:18 AM
Check out Jet Aviation @ KTEB, I worked there for 3 years, great place to work! www.jetaviation.com (http://www.jetaviation.com)

cancidas
2008-09-29, 02:36 PM
most major airlines don't recruit online. if you have a day off take a trip out to the airport and go up to each airlines' ticket counter during a slow period. talk to the people there and ask them what the best way would be. take some resumes along, you might be able to leave one for a local recruiter. also, take some paper and a pen as you might be told contact info for someone who can help you.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-09-29, 04:15 PM
Some major airlines do list their job openings online...I applied with Delta at LGA for a ramp spot. Just keep looking.

You can also go to Allegiant Air's website and download their general application and send it in.