PDA

View Full Version : Oil is spiking...

T-Bird76
2008-09-22, 02:59 PM
So much for a fall in oil prices...at last check oil is now over 120 bucks barrel. Reason has is that the Gov't bail out of the market is going to drive up demand. Exxon/Mobile also said they lost a refinery in Houston...hopefully someone can find it. As always folks...we are getting it from all sides. :roll: :roll: :roll:

flyboy 28
2008-09-22, 03:03 PM
Yup. I'm glad I filled up this morning. It was $3.31 at 5:00 this morning on my way to work and I saw on my way home just now that it was $3.47. Ridiculous.

bonanzabucks
2008-09-22, 03:14 PM
Reason has is that the Gov't bail out of the market is going to drive up demand.

That explanation is bull****. lol I heard a lot of analysts claim this in the news today. The fact that oil spiked $16 by close, even though the global economy is in the pooper and demand is way down, is proof that supply and demand aren't influencing the price. Speculators have hijacked the market. Well, not surprising at this point since they see commodities and gold as safe places to put their money. Gold shot up by a lot too.

T-Bird76
2008-09-22, 03:18 PM
Reason has is that the Gov't bail out of the market is going to drive up demand.

That explanation is ****. lol I heard a lot of analysts claim this in the news today. The fact that oil spiked $16 by close, even though the global economy is in the pooper and demand is way down, is proof that supply and demand aren't influencing the price. Speculators have hijacked the market. Well, not surprising at this point since they see commodities and gold as safe places to put their money. Gold shot up by a lot too.

You're correct! How on earth will the Gov't bail out increase demand? Demand is going to remain low as long as the price of energy remains high. Well OPEC got what they wanted. Anyone know a good part time job? I may need one this winter to pay for oil to heat my house.

Midnight Mike
2008-09-22, 03:54 PM
You're correct! How on earth will the Gov't bail out increase demand? Demand is going to remain low as long as the price of energy remains high. Well OPEC got what they wanted. Anyone know a good part time job? I may need one this winter to pay for oil to heat my house.

There are things to do help reduce your heating bill.

1. Insulate the windows & doors
2. Keep doors closed to unsused rooms.

As for energy bills, Flurocent lightbulbs will help bring down your energy bill. Several months ago, I bought exterior solar lighting, works greats, charges during the day & stays on all night....

T-Bird76
2008-09-22, 04:26 PM
[quote="T-Bird76":2w6ofcv8]

There are things to do help reduce your heating bill.

1. Insulate the windows & doors
2. Keep doors closed to unsused rooms.

As for energy bills, Flurocent lightbulbs will help bring down your energy bill. Several months ago, I bought exterior solar lighting, works greats, charges during the day & stays on all night....[/quote:2w6ofcv8]

I have all new windows and doors and do number two. I also had my oil burner recently cleaned and serviced plus I had them drop the themostat a bit. While it will help a bit...I just paid 1200 bucks for 250 gallons of oil..I can't keep that up much longer.

Matt Molnar
2008-09-22, 04:45 PM
Time to start investing in long johns and thermals.

Hopefully this winter will be as mild as last.

emshighway
2008-09-22, 04:46 PM
I have all new windows and doors and do number two.

Good for you!!!! Must be all that fiber :borat:

MarkLawrence
2008-09-22, 07:04 PM
It was $3.31 at 5:00 this morning on my way to work and I saw on my way home just now that it was $3.47. Ridiculous.

I'd KILL for $3.47 gas! I was ecstatic on Friday when I got $3.79 - that was done from $3.85!

Lezam
2008-09-22, 07:14 PM
I think its going to spike, then go down much further, like the market :D

flyboy 28
2008-09-22, 07:22 PM
It was $3.31 at 5:00 this morning on my way to work and I saw on my way home just now that it was $3.47. Ridiculous.

I'd KILL for $3.47 gas! I was ecstatic on Friday when I got $3.79 - that was done from $3.85!

I believe the New Jersey gas tax is one of the lowest in the country. And really just around where I live is cheaper than the rest of the state.

Although what we lack [err... gain] in gas, our f'in stupid governor taxes just about everything else in existence. :roll: