PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Ads

MarkLawrence
2008-09-20, 05:29 PM
This is the first real election that I get to vote in after becoming a US citizen a couple of years ago - definately my first Presidential election and so I have been taking a lot closer interest in the ad campaigns, both locally in Florida and the national ads. I have to say there is one thing that really disappoints me about this whole saga - and that is the incredible negativity of all the campaigns. It started here in Florida for me with a local election runoff for a Senate seat between 3 Republicans. The one candidate could do nothing but take swipes at the other two - no one EVER knew where the heck he stood on any of the issues - all he did was bash the other two. He did absolutely terribly and my thought was that it had to do with not knowing where the heck he stood on any issues.

The same is coming out in the Presidential campaign ads - all they can do is take swipes at each other - this one doesn't know this - the other doesn't do that - he supports this - the other doesn't support that. ENOUGH ALREADY! Can't we please have ads where someone actually details where they stand on an issue - particularly the financial situation these days - McCain's new ads like Obama to the heads of Freddie Mac and Fanny Mae - it doesn't tell me diddly about what he is going to do to rectify the issues - well, not that I have seen. And that is just one of the ads.

Maybe there should be reform introduced that limits the amounts of negative campaigning and force them to address issues in ads.

Just my 0.02c

T-Bird76
2008-09-20, 07:55 PM
AMEN! I'm with you Mark, I'm so dam tired of hearing "This guy did this and that guy did that." At this point I have no idea what either of these two loons stand for. At this point the below message is more appealing to me.

http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/kathulu08.jpg
:borat: