View Full Version : Latest polls, Obama vs McCain

Midnight Mike
2008-09-07, 08:16 PM
Latest polls, Obama vs McCain

Gallup Tracking 09/04 - 09/06.........Obama = 45%.....McCain =48%

Rasmussen Tracking... 09/04 - 09/06..Obama = 48%......McCain = 48%

CBS News 09/01 - 09/03.................Obama = 42%.....McCain = 42%

CNN 08/29 - 08/31.........................Obama = 49%.....McCain = 48%

According to Real Clear Politics, out of 34 polls, Obama is at 46%, McCain stands at 45%.

PhilDernerJr
2008-09-07, 08:35 PM
What a tight race. This is very interesting. I wonder what each camps' secret weapons will be as we get closer to help sway the masses.

Midnight Mike
2008-09-07, 08:40 PM
What a tight race. This is very interesting. I wonder what each camps' secret weapons will be as we get closer to help sway the masses.

What is really interesting are the undecided voters.....

Matt Molnar
2008-09-07, 08:57 PM
When you throw the electoral college in, it gets more interesting.

If you don't count polling in states that are in a statistical tie, Obama is ahead 273-265.

When you include ties, Obama leads 238-174 with 126 toss up electors.

See here: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... ain/?map=5 (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/?map=5)

T-Bird76
2008-09-08, 12:30 PM
I think the debates are going to play a huge role in how people sway this election. With such a tight race the debates are truly going to separate the two players. Obama certainly has a leg up on McCain on that front but Palin I think is going to school Biden during the VP debates.

To be frank I'd like to see Palin as Prez...she has a great record and from what I've seen and read she is truly in touch with America today. I just hope ppl don't get too caught up on her vs. whom they are truly voting for which is McCain. His policies still haven't sold me on him at all. Obama has the ideas but the problem is those ideas are going to cost us allot of money. But in the end sometimes it does cost money to implement new ideas....I'm still undecided at this point.

Midnight Mike
2008-09-08, 05:36 PM
I think the debates are going to play a huge role in how people sway this election. With such a tight race the debates are truly going to separate the two players. Obama certainly has a leg up on McCain on that front but Palin I think is going to school Biden during the VP debates.

To be frank I'd like to see Palin as Prez...she has a great record and from what I've seen and read she is truly in touch with America today. I just hope ppl don't get too caught up on her vs. whom they are truly voting for which is McCain. His policies still haven't sold me on him at all. Obama has the ideas but the problem is those ideas are going to cost us allot of money. But in the end sometimes it does cost money to implement new ideas....I'm still undecided at this point.

While the debate between Biden & Palin will certainly lean towards Biden. The debate between McCain & Obama will not be as much as a slam dunk as you think.

McCain is an excellent debater & very good at speaking off the cuff. While Obama gives good speeches & reads off the teleprompter like no other.....

Probably one of the reason that Obama would not attend any of the Town Hall meetings with McCain.....

T-Bird76
2008-09-08, 08:47 PM
[quote="T-Bird76":37zvccrg]I think the debates are going to play a huge role in how people sway this election. With such a tight race the debates are truly going to separate the two players. Obama certainly has a leg up on McCain on that front but Palin I think is going to school Biden during the VP debates.

While the debate between Biden & Palin will certainly lean towards Biden. The debate between McCain & Obama will not be as much as a slam dunk as you think.

McCain is an excellent debater & very good at speaking off the cuff. While Obama gives good speeches & reads off the teleprompter like no other.....

Probably one of the reason that Obama would not attend any of the Town Hall meetings with McCain.....[/quote:37zvccrg]

Mike, McCain is not a good speaker and off the cuff he gets angry very quickly..he needs to watch that big time. His anger will not go over well with voters. Its one thing that is still keeping me from voting for him. He's very well known for his temper and short fuse. We don't need someone in command that will make hip check decisions.

mirrodie
2008-09-08, 09:43 PM
Honestly, one who does get angry and speaks off the cuff bodes well with me. He wears his emotions on his sleeves but I read that as passion. He is passionate about the country (not implying Obama is not) and his anger is that passion personified.

As for the hip check thought, realize this: This POW turned down an early release by his captors in Vietnam. He had the virtue and patience to see the war through until he got home. That is patience. He chose the tough way out.

Does he have a short fuse? Yes. But he also has patience I can believe in and will have an army of advisors and Palin to check him.

I've been very keen to listen to Obama since day one. But as you said, his policies are costing big bucks.

I'm still undecided as well but boy I'm I watching like a hawk. Either way, we are watching history in the making, the diversity of America giving us either a Black president or a female #2. Its incredible and truly shows how great this country is and how far it has come.

Now, we just need a good captain to commandeer this nation to a better 4 more years.

Midnight Mike
2008-09-09, 01:34 AM
Mike, McCain is not a good speaker and off the cuff he gets angry very quickly..he needs to watch that big time. His anger will not go over well with voters. Its one thing that is still keeping me from voting for him. He's very well known for his temper and short fuse. We don't need someone in command that will make hip check decisions.

McCain was involved in about 18 Republican debates, in not one did he lose his temper. McCain has been known to lose his temper on Capital when dealing with other Senators...

McCain is a good speaker, he does not give good speeches

Obama is not a good speaker, but, does give good speeches

Here is the Obama uh count

xm2S7_iAP-M