PDA

View Full Version : Frequent Flyer Program Survey

cancidas
2008-08-08, 09:29 PM
with my time as an airline employee coming to an end soon i have been contemplating joining a frequent flyer program. since most of my travels are going to be taking me to either california or poland i've been looking closely at the star alliance airlines, namely US Airways, United and LOT Polish. of course, all three airlines utalize three different mileage programs. at least LO uses the same one as LH. the reason i'm focussing on these three airlines is mainly because i'm planning to travel are markets these airlines serve well.

now, is anyone here a member of either Dividend Miles, MilesPlus or Miles&More and can give me an inside scoop? now i'm probably not going to be making enough trips to make it to any elite status' on any of those programs but every little bit helps right? i think i read something against this on the dividend miles site, but tickets purchased through orbitz expedia aren't eligable to pick up miles for. this true?

also, to help make points i'd probably pick up a dividend miles credit card. does that really help matters? does it help in terms of upgrades to first or rewards trips?