PDA

View Full Version : Drunks Attack Crew With Vodka Bottle, Try to Open Doors

Matt Molnar
2008-07-27, 01:08 PM
Women lash out at cabin crew with vodka bottle then try to open the door 'for some fresh air' ... at 30,000ft (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1038788/Women-lash-cabin-crew-vodka-bottle-try-open-door-fresh-air---30-000ft.html)

By Andrew Chapman

Last updated at 2:16 PM on 27th July 2008

The pilot of a holiday jet was forced to divert and make an unscheduled landing after two drunken British women attacked his cabin crew with a vodka bottle and tried to open an emergency exit in midair.

Stewards and passengers wrestled with the pair, who had been caught smoking in the lavatory on the flight back from Kos in Greece.

They were overpowered and pinned to the ground as a flight attendant cuffed their hands behind their backs. [Full Article (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1038788/Women-lash-cabin-crew-vodka-bottle-try-open-door-fresh-air---30-000ft.html)]
How drunk do you have to be to think opening a plane door is a good idea?

Jetinder
2008-07-27, 06:25 PM
I can't understand why people do stupid things like that, if they opened the door every one would get hurt inc them. I also can't understand why some passangers attack aircrew ?

These guys are doing their jobs and are trained to keep every one safe so deserve the highest respect.

Derf
2008-07-27, 07:43 PM
I can't understand why people do stupid things like that, if they opened the door every one would get hurt inc them. I also can't understand why some passangers attack aircrew ?

These guys are doing their jobs and are trained to keep every one safe so deserve the highest respect.

If???? It is not possible.....PERIOD. A plug door under pressure would stop Arnold the Governator! It is not humanly possible.

I also KNOW that if it was possible, NOBODY could get hurt....(if you understand how a plug door works, you would agree) Quantas has an explosive depressurisation the other day....... It is normal for nobody to get hurt. It is REALLY abnormal for someone to get a serious injury due to the actual incident. It happens, but it is rare. My .02c

FlyingColors
2008-07-27, 08:04 PM

If???? It is not possible.....PERIOD. A plug door under pressure would stop Arnold the Governator! It is not humanly possible.

I also KNOW that if it was possible, NOBODY could get hurt....(if you understand how a plug door works, you would agree) Quantas has an explosive depressurisation the other day....... It is normal for nobody to get hurt. It is REALLY abnormal for someone to get a serious injury due to the actual incident. It happens, but it is rare. My .02c

Very well put.

BTW- Vodka bottle? Must have been the carry on duty free- full size.

T-Bird76
2008-07-27, 09:06 PM

Fred's correct a plug type door cannot be opened once the cabin is pressurized. However if your on a CRJ or ERJ and you see someone run to the door...tackle them as those doors can be opened under pressure.

Lezam
2008-07-27, 09:35 PM
Cant a 767 type door also be opened? They seem to slide upwards.