PDA

View Full Version : Canon Sensor Cleaning?

PhilDernerJr
2008-07-16, 05:44 PM
I went through some old threads, but what are the most recent suggestions for professional Canon sensor cleaning?

Derf
2008-07-16, 06:38 PM
I use an air-blower, Checkit, q-tip particals, checkit, then the air-blower again....

I check it by then doing a 1 sec or so exposure and under expose by 2 stops on a white wall while moving the camera around to get all blurr. then I use photoshop and bring the high and low levels to almost the middle and you can see the dirt clear as day.

People go nuts over the pep pads and things but the air-blower is the best way...use qtip only if needed. If a metal shaving, anything you rub it with will scratch the plastic UV filter over the sensor. if you rotate to "lift" it off the sensor, you will minimize the possibility of scratching.

I usually only wipe the sensor after I know there are no shavings or dust spots on it...THEN I FEEL SAFE WIPING IT. I usually spend about 5 minutes, sound short but I am paying it full attention while doing it.

(I always remove the battery pack first...ALWAYS! If I have a bad connection I would never want to hear the mirror crunch on anything.)

I Clean my camera often... once every 2 months or so -Fred

Derf
2008-07-16, 06:40 PM
Or you can go the other way
http://images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/29269/thumb/601363.jpg

moose135
2008-07-16, 06:56 PM
I always remove the battery pack first...ALWAYS! If I have a bad connection I would never want to hear the mirror crunch on anything.
I'm assuming you are using external power then?

Derf
2008-07-16, 07:00 PM
I always remove the battery pack first...ALWAYS! If I have a bad connection I would never want to hear the mirror crunch on anything.
I'm assuming you are using external power then?

Sorry Moose, no... I am taking about the add-on battery holder on the bottom of my camera. I only use 1 fully charged "MY BEST BATTERY" during this operation. My optional battery pack is not an option for me when cleaning.