PDA

View Full Version : Saw Met Life Blimp

Speedbird1
2008-07-14, 10:31 AM
I was at the beach on July 12 and saw the Met Life (Snoopy) Blimp hovering for awhile over the Brooklyn seashore. It looked like about 500'. Is she staying over at Republic in Farmingdale? I couldn't see her tail #. I bet she's in town to cover the All-Star Game at Yankee Stadium and the Parade.

Gerard
2008-07-14, 10:01 PM
I was at the beach on July 12 and saw the Met Life (Snoopy) Blimp hovering for awhile over the Brooklyn seashore. It looked like about 500'. Is she staying over at Republic in Farmingdale? I couldn't see her tail #. I bet she's in town to cover the All-Star Game at Yankee Stadium and the Parade.

Actually the Goodyear Blimp is working the All-star festivities and staying at FRG. They've been in town since early last week.

Matt Molnar
2008-07-14, 10:18 PM
I saw the Goodyear over Yankee Stadium this evening, and another, possibly MetLife, in the distance over the Hudson off of Manhattan...couldn't tell it was dark.

pgengler
2008-07-14, 11:09 PM
Definitely blimp season. Goodyear is out at Republic (a friend of mine who's not really into aviation happened to get a few pictures) and there's usually another blimp basing out of Solberg. I did see a blimp flying around NJ while I was out flying over the weekend, but I'm not sure which it was.

adam613
2008-07-15, 11:17 AM
I keep seeing that DirecTV blimp when I don't have my camera with me...one of my co-workers finds this highly amusing and IMs me whenever he sees it flying up the Hudson River...

BDLGUY
2008-07-15, 12:41 PM
The Met Life Blimp N605LG is staying over at Hartford-Brainard Airport (HFD) in Hartford, CT. I saw her this morning. :borat:

Cheers!
John P.

Gerard
2008-07-15, 09:31 PM
>Actually the Goodyear Blimp is working the All-star festivities and staying at FRG. They've been in town since early last week.[/quote]

Well the Goodyear blimp worked for ESPNs coverage but the Direct TV blimp is working for the FoxTV broadcast.