PDA

View Full Version : Looking into Customer Service Jobs at LGA.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-07-01, 12:01 PM
With my 18th birthday approaching very quickly (July 19). I am beginning to explore the entry level positions in the airline industry. With a profile already set up with Delta and an application into AirTran, I hope to be on my way. I do have customer service experience, so I figure that is a plus. My desired airport to work at? Well, preferably LGA. JFK would do. ISP would be stretching it.
I would like to work with an airline that serves DAB, so I can non-rev home sometimes. That is why I am waiting to apply for a position with US as well. Hopefully an LGA spot will open soon with them. I know FL is no longer a DAB carrier, but it would do.
Any suggestions would be welcome.
And yes, I have a High School Diploma.

AA 777
2008-07-01, 09:30 PM
And yes, I have a High School Diploma.

That would make you over qualified!! (I dont mean that in a bad way, but for those that work at an airport you know what I mean)

Laxgoaly
2008-07-01, 09:36 PM
are you interested in flying, or maintenance as a long term career, if so I can help you out on the corporate/private end of the aviation world...

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-07-01, 11:16 PM
actually, i like schedule/route network planning. I want to plan new routes and destinations for airlines.

engine46
2008-07-01, 11:40 PM
You missed out, man- United just had a bunch of openings for temporary customer service at LGA and JFK, but looks like they're all gone. Keep checking their website, maybe they'll have more openings soon.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-07-02, 05:33 PM
I set up profiles with JetBlue, United, and registered for the SWAJobs in case something at ISP pops up. Just for fun.

Lezam
2008-07-02, 09:19 PM
NWA was also advertising a student program at LGA, that pays your tuition and gives you free rides. I cant seem to find it anymore though.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-07-02, 10:17 PM
Probably because they are expecting to merge with Delta.

engine46
2008-07-03, 10:26 AM
Here is the NWA student program, even though no openings are currently available.

http://www.nwa.com/corpinfo/career/othe ... ities.html (http://www.nwa.com/corpinfo/career/other_student_opportunities.html)

Lezam
2008-07-03, 06:11 PM
Probably because they are expecting to merge with Delta.

They also have a nice sized operation at LGA, whereas next to nothing at jfk

But yeah, that job is nice because you get free rides during the year when you aren't working.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-07-10, 06:48 PM
I will also work for B6 at JFK. I think I said that in the beginning.

Matt Molnar
2008-07-10, 11:15 PM
I will also work for B6 at JFK. I think I said that in the beginning.
I'm of the opinion that B6 is in the best position to still be around in a few years, and probably the best to work for from an employee point of view, so I would aim for them if I were you.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-07-11, 10:06 PM
I will. Especially since they are in NY.