PDA

View Full Version : NY Biker Pulled Over Doing 144 in a 55

Matt Molnar
2008-06-27, 10:22 AM
Motorcyclist Cited For Driving 144 MPH (http://wcbstv.com/local/Motorcycle.Speeding.Ticket.2.758417.html)
NEW YORK (AP) ? A motorcyclist clocked by state police driving 144 miles-an-hour in a 55 mile-an-hour zone in New York's Putnam County faces having his license suspended.

The state police in Brewster said the motorcycle driven by 21-year-old David Puchalski, of Carmel, was stopped at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at I-84 in the town of Southeast. The driver was clocked going 89 miles-an-hour higher than the posted speed limit.

The driver was freed pending a July 8th appearance in Southeast Court.

State Police Sgt. Ted Daley said that speeding more than 40-miles-an-hour higher than the posted speed limit results in 11 points being charged against the driver's license, which automatically results in a suspension. [Full Article (http://wcbstv.com/local/Motorcycle.Speeding.Ticket.2.758417.html)]

lijk604
2008-06-27, 12:14 PM
144mph :shock: :!:
Have you ever been on Ocean Parkway in the spring or fall?
Those guys are probably doing close to the same.

Derf
2008-06-27, 12:40 PM
Quite a few years ago I think I made it up to that on Ocean PKY on the back of a ricer. The speed did not bother me as much as the wheelie across the entire span of the bridge. The guy I was with was good, but luck does catch up with you. The Same biker laid down his bike doing 65mph when an 80 year old did an illegal u-turn across a 4 lane divided highway and right in front of my friend. I am glad that was his wake up and he chose to sell the bike after we fixed it.

Now that I have some more grey hairs, I do not think I could ever do over 120. My fastest was on a closed stretch of road, 137 in my RX-7. That was just as dumb as the above two bikers. I would also drag down in NJ with old mopar and crappy 80's stangs....ON A LEAGAL TRACK!

cancidas
2008-06-27, 01:10 PM
thay guy might just have his license revoked for that!

a year or so ago i was driving out to the far end of LI for something i won't mention. i was with my buddy brain (brian) in his '72 mustang. it's about 0330 and all of a sudden we see red and blue light flash on behind us. all brain could manage was a %$*# and he put the car in neutral, coasted to a stop on the side of the road and shut the engine off. the cop caught up with us about 5 minutes later. this is the conversation as it transpired:

cop: "you stupid?"
brain: "no."
cop: "well you might just be, i had you at 128. you're so damn lucky right now though. i appreciate that you stopped without making me chase you. but since my shift is over in 10 minutes i'll let you go. BUT, i'm giving your name and plate to the rest of my department. if we EVER catch you out here again we're taking your car. 'night gentlemen."
brain: "night sir."
this man has never done more than 5mph over the limit since.

Matt Molnar
2008-06-27, 02:14 PM
Wow, good thing he wasn't interested in racking up some OT.

njgtr82
2008-06-27, 04:00 PM
144, thats it?? those bikes go faster then that, I know mine does

Matt Molnar
2008-06-27, 04:35 PM
Taking a bike that fast on a dirty public road is just retarded. It just takes one nail to a moderate sized rock to really screw up your day.

njgtr82
2008-06-27, 04:55 PM
Taking a bike that fast on a dirty public road is just retarded. It just takes one nail to a moderate sized rock to really screw up your day.

Who said anything about being on a public road? I didn't

144, thats it?? those bikes go faster then that, I know mine does

T-Bird76
2008-06-27, 04:58 PM
Hehe... When I had my bike years ago we'd hit OP and exceed 144...the highest I got my Bike up to was 166. Talk about an amazing feeling! You don't hear any engine sound at all. All you hear is a quiet whoosh rushing past you! Oh man that was AWESOME!

adam613
2008-06-27, 05:02 PM
Who said anything about being on a public road? I didn't

The original article was about a public road...otherwise he wouldn't have been pulled over :)

moose135
2008-06-27, 05:10 PM
You don't hear any engine sound at all. All you hear is a quiet whoosh rushing past you!
I bet you don't hear anything when you run into the back of a truck at that speed either :wink:

lijk604
2008-06-27, 05:59 PM
You don't hear any engine sound at all. All you hear is a quiet whoosh rushing past you!
I bet you don't hear anything when you run into the back of a truck at that speed either :wink:

The only sound you hear is that of your butthole flying past your ears. :lol:

emshighway
2008-06-27, 06:25 PM
http://www.stephygee.com/semi5.jpg

T-Bird76
2008-06-27, 08:07 PM

Trucks aren't allowed on Ocean Parkway Moose...try again! LOL

stuart schechter
2008-06-27, 11:59 PM
That guy's day was screwed up...

lijk604
2008-06-28, 10:49 AM
Why do they always lose their shoes??

T-Bird76
2008-06-29, 07:09 PM
Why do they always lose their shoes??

The force pulls your shoes off. Same way it does on allot of rides at amusement parks. Anyone who doesn't ride with riding boots is just plain stupid. Yesterday Phil and I saw this dude on a bike with slip on's and shorts, not the smartest riding gear