PDA

View Full Version : AA announces additional cuts at key airports.

Alex T
2008-06-25, 01:42 PM
FORT WORTH , Texas – American Airlines and its regional affiliate, American Eagle, today announced additional details of their capacity reductions for the fourth quarter of 2008. The reductions are in line with American’s previously announced (May 21) plans of cutting fourth quarter domestic capacity by 11 to 12 percent and regional affiliate capacity by 10 to 11 percent versus fourth quarter 2007 levels. The changes are being instituted to reduce costs and create a more sustainable supply-and-demand balance in today’s high fuel-cost environment............

.......... American plans to reduce its departures in Chicago by 28 flights with American Eagle reducing 34 departures. In St. Louis, American will reduce departures by 8 flights with American Eagle and AmericanConnection reducing 35 departures. American will reduce 19 departures at Dallas/Fort Worth along with 23 American Eagle flight reductions.

The company also has decided to eliminate five AA flights and 37 American Eagle jet departures at LaGuardia Airport. In addition to the expected cost savings, these changes, coupled with appropriate government action, could allow the airport to operate with less chronic disruption and improve customer experience at one of the nation’s most congested airports.

http://www.aa.com/content/amrcorp/press ... city.jhtml (http://www.aa.com/content/amrcorp/pressReleases/2008_06/25_capacity.jhtml)

Alex

Matt Molnar
2008-06-25, 08:28 PM
Awesome spin at the end...WE'RE DOING YOU A FAVOR! Their PR folks should win an award.

emshighway
2008-06-25, 09:24 PM
Just in time to open their new checkpoint at LGA :shock:

LGA777
2008-06-26, 12:20 AM
Here is a question for AA777, with Eagle reducing 37 departures per day at LGA, how many weekday ops will that leave Eagle with?

Cheers

LGA777

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-06-29, 09:37 AM
AA is cutting LGA-MCO by Thanksgiving. The flights no longer show up in their reservations system at that time.

stuart schechter
2008-06-29, 10:44 AM
In large part, these delays are attributable to Air Traffic Control’s inability to handle the scheduled service levels.

I'm not exactly a fan of that phrase, which is basically taking a pot shot at the overworked, understaffed ATC. I know that it may not be intended the way I see it but interpretation is everything. Just get them more pissed at ya AA, good job...

AA 777
2008-06-29, 11:06 AM
Yep, LGA-MCO is getting cut. There will only be one JFK flight come the fall. Sadly, this was only a matter of time with the price of gas and extremely low yields to MCO.

As far as the whole LGA ATC thing goes, I really think AA is cutting that many flights because of it. Im there five days a week and I can assure you that if your flight is after say 1pm it will probably be late. Im sure LGA777 would agree. Every afternoon there is almost always a Ground Delay Program or Ground Stop. Once they put one of these out, your done. Once the flights get EDCT times either into LGA or out of LGA the whole operation and on time performance is toast. We had a MIA flight the other day which is usually sched for abut 2:15 of flight time take 4 hours!! If it wasnt a 757 with a ton of gas on it, we would have had another divert - which are becoming extremely common lately due to holding and a lot of it. Not to mention that the DOT can fine the airline if a particularly flight is always late.....

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-06-29, 11:19 AM
I didn't know MCO yields were so low.

T-Bird76
2008-06-30, 10:18 AM
I didn't know MCO yields were so low.

MCO is a tourist destination, the once a year vaca passenger looks for the lowest fare possible, same with PBI. LAS is also another low yeild city for most airlines.