PDA

View Full Version : Triboro Bridge to be renamed

RDU-JFK
2008-06-05, 11:43 AM
http://wcbstv.com/local/NY.Honors.RFK.2.740765.html

I'm sorry---I'll always call it the Triboro...just like the Interboro is the Interboro and not the Jackie Robinson...

Don't we have more important stuff to worry about? Use the few grand that will be used to change signage and buy some AC units for a few NYC schools...

Matt Molnar
2008-06-05, 12:08 PM
I was just thinking about this the other day...I thought/hoped this idea died with Spitzer's departure.

"The Triborough Bridge, which leads to the airport named for John F. Kennedy is getting renamed for his younger brother."
The media used this idiotic line when the idea was first floated months ago, now they're using it again, even though the Triborough still leads to LaGuardia, not JFK. :roll:

cancidas
2008-06-05, 12:16 PM
I was just thinking about this the other day...I thought/hoped this idea died with Spitzer's departure.

"The Triborough Bridge, which leads to the airport named for John F. Kennedy is getting renamed for his younger brother."
The media used this idiotic line when the idea was first floated months ago, now they're using it again, even though the Triborough still leads to LaGuardia, not JFK. :roll:
wow. will the media EVER get anything right?

Lezam
2008-06-05, 05:30 PM
Kennedy bridge? Doesnt sound as good as triboro...

adam613
2008-06-05, 05:38 PM

To be fair, the signage in Manhattan directs you to use the Triboro for both LGA and JFK, and the Triboro is probably the best route car to JFK from most of Manhattan above 59th St or so...

(But it's still a stretch given that you have to pass LGA and get on an entirely different highway to get to JFK...)