PDA

View Full Version : Which NYC Airport Should have LCY service?

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-05-27, 07:50 PM
I think BA should do JFK-LCY, as it seems to be more accomodating of extra flights.

adam613
2008-05-27, 09:23 PM
Um...is LCY equipped to handle commercial transatlantic service??

Iberia A340-600
2008-05-27, 09:26 PM

In an A318?

Sure. The airport does have immigration and customs, I had to go through it when I flew ORY-LCY with Air France in a BAE-146. ;)

adam613
2008-05-27, 09:31 PM

In an A318?

Sure. The airport does have immigration and customs, I had to go through it when I flew ORY-LCY with Air France in a BAE-146. ;)

Augh!! I'm jealous! :)

cancidas
2008-05-27, 09:51 PM
if the immigration is going to be done in SNN and the rumors i've been hearing for LGA hold true then i would see no problem why not to serve LGA with that flight. imagine, you're serving two major airports that are very close to thier respective cities. this would be really cool if it could be pulled off! if only the port would want to...

why did they order the A318 and not an A319 ACJ?

njgtr82
2008-05-27, 11:40 PM
Well this is gonna be a very one sided poll for obvious reasons. It should be renamed from a spotters stand point what NYC airport should get LCY service. But from a business travelers standpoint it is much easier to get into Manhattan from EWR. This also is prob. the reason why both Swiss and Lufthansa fly the all business class 737's and A319's to EWR. And as far as JFK being more accomodating for extra flights, you couldn't be more wrong. Thats why there is now flight caps at the two airports, they can't handle any more. Just my two cents though.

The biased EWR guy,
Bill

T-Bird76
2008-05-28, 08:45 AM
Bill is right, if they are going to target the high yeild biz customer they better make it easy for them to get to Manhattan. If they do choose JFK they would be wise to codeshare on that helichopter service Delta uses or have custom car service.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-05-28, 12:12 PM
How could EWR be more equipped than JFK to handle more flights? And isn't the AirTrain JFK easier than AirTran EWR? I would prefer the LIRR over NJ Transit or paying over $100 on Amtrak into Penn.

njgtr82
2008-05-28, 12:38 PM
How could EWR be more equipped than JFK to handle more flights? And isn't the AirTrain JFK easier than AirTran EWR? I would prefer the LIRR over NJ Transit or paying over $100 on Amtrak into Penn.

Just a guess here, but I'm gonna say you've never been to EWR, been on the airtrain from Newark or took NJ Transit into the city because its a piece of cake and is a little less then 30 mins from EWR to Penn Station. The airtrain goes directly from the terminals to the NJT station in less then 5 mins. Also I never said EWR was more equipped, I simply said both airports are at/or nearing max capacity in terms of gates and number of flights. I did say its easier for business travelers in terms of getting to the city from EWR. Its also a very short drive into Manhattan which is likely why both UPS and Fedex have substantially bigger sized operations here compared to JFK. Now if they do some sort of code share with US Helicopter like Tommy said then this wouldn't matter.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-05-28, 02:21 PM
Ok, I see. I will say I have never used AirTrain, but I have flown in/out of EWR, and I drove from Near JFK. I have always had a bias against EWR until recently.