PDA

View Full Version : Blue Angels knocks girl off her feet

Liquid_Squelch
2008-05-25, 02:56 PM
You can see how she looses her balance as #7 goes vertical right over her!
This was most likely shot Thursday May 22 from Republic as #7 left for a media event.

[youtubetp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw6r1M4GobE[/youtubeEnjoy

moose135
2008-05-25, 04:20 PM
Yes, that was Thursday. I was about 40 feet to the right of the shooter. It really was that close. That's the one that nearly gave Fred a new part in his hair.

Derf
2008-05-25, 08:35 PM
I am standing next to her on the right....I have one shot to prove it but it is really not worth posting. I remember her and remember her voice and her saying those lines after.

I just backed away from the fence becuase the aircraft was behind the ILS and the lens focus could not lock as the AIRCRAFT WAS CLOSING TO FAST FOR THE TAMRON LENS! I backed away to take a shot vertical when I looked up and saw buner cans! I really felt that I was going to be really miffed up at that point. I felt the heat from the exaust and then I felt a wing or wingtip vorticie. I would try and tell you how I feel but it just is not possible. OH, and that video sucks.... it was 4billion times cooler! :borat:

AA 777
2008-05-25, 08:44 PM
Damn it looks insane on the video I can only imagine what it was like being there. :shock:

Derf
2008-05-25, 09:31 PM
I looked up and could not see the wing tips, I could not see the nose....JUST TWO BIG A$$ AFTERBURNING ENGINES. oh, and it rained grass clippings for a mintue or two, and for some reason.....everyone was talking really low! :borat:

MORS-AB-ALTO
2008-05-26, 12:27 PM
If this video is of the third media flight that day it really doesn't do it justice. I remember grass clippings swirling around for a good 30 seconds after the vertical pull up. But, still doesn't top 2006 when a media flight plastered this gold Mercedes with rocks on New Highway. I heard a rumor he damaged the ILS as well that year.

Gerard
2008-05-26, 06:10 PM
Wow that is friggin awesome!! I love her reaction!!!