PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Richardson won't be offered the VP job

Midnight Mike
2008-05-21, 11:11 AM
Well, Bill Richardson with this comment won't be offered the VP job by Obama any time soon

http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.aspx ... 5b5861e365 (http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.aspx?id=56dde5c8-efb4-45fb-9e27-cf5b5861e365)

adam613
2008-05-21, 11:35 AM
Um, why not?

Midnight Mike
2008-05-21, 12:20 PM
Um, why not?

This is why

[youtubetp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSFSUbMWenU[/youtube

adam613
2008-05-21, 12:35 PM
What does that have to do with anything? There's no obligation that the vice president agree with the president on everything. The idea Bush had of surrounding himself with yes-men (and yes-women) is not only new, but it's entirely anti-American.

Tom_Turner
2008-05-21, 09:15 PM
I don't think Richardson's comment is a big deal in terms of whether he could be Obama's VP.

Didn't George Herbert Walker Bush refer to Ronald Reagan's plan as "Voodoo Economics"?

T

Midnight Mike
2008-05-21, 10:06 PM
What does that have to do with anything? There's no obligation that the vice president agree with the president on everything. The idea Bush had of surrounding himself with yes-men (and yes-women) is not only new, but it's entirely anti-American.

He was actually correcting Obama's statement & saying that Obama was wrong.

T-Bird76
2008-05-21, 10:12 PM
This means nothing and is a non issue. Where does it say a VP needs to be a yes man to the President? There should be some difference of opinion so the President can see both sides of the equation. Richardson is very well liked and would be a good choice for Obama...I just hope its not Edwards...

moose135
2008-05-21, 10:33 PM
I agree with Tommy on this - I don't see this as a big issue. I really like Richardson, and thought he might have been the best of the Democratic candidates this year. I think his prior administration role, plus his experience running a state as a Governor, would make him a great VP for Obama.

Midnight Mike
2008-05-21, 10:46 PM
I agree with Tommy on this - I don't see this as a big issue. I really like Richardson, and thought he might have been the best of the Democratic candidates this year. I think his prior administration role, plus his experience running a state as a Governor, would make him a great VP for Obama.

I liked Bill Richardson before he went on the Presidential campaign trail. He was trying sooo hard to get people to like him. Clearly not the same person that is the Governor of New Mexico & his tax cutting/pro-attitude.

Midnight Mike
2008-05-21, 10:51 PM
This means nothing and is a non issue. Where does it say a VP needs to be a yes man to the President? There should be some difference of opinion so the President can see both sides of the equation. Richardson is very well liked and would be a good choice for Obama...I just hope its not Edwards...

Edwards will not be the VP, if he is, it will be a terrible choice as Edwards brings nothing to the plate.

Tom_Turner
2008-05-22, 03:03 AM
I am actually afraid Obama might make Edwards Attorney General. Obama needs to ditch Edwards - that slippery weasel - as soon the nomination is officially wrapped up.

[and we can thank John Kerrey for putting that guy on the map like this..]