PDA

View Full Version : Obama tells Tenn.'s GOP: 'Lay off my wife'

Midnight Mike
2008-05-19, 10:36 AM
Democrat Barack Obama has a message for Tennessee's Republican Party: "Lay off my wife."
Obama, his party's presidential front-runner, and his wife, Michelle, were asked in an interview aired Monday on ABC's "Good Morning America" about an online video last week by the state's GOP taking her to task for a comment some considered unpatriotic.

"The GOP, should I be the nominee, can say whatever they want to say about me, my track record," Obama said. "If they think that they're going to try to make Michelle an issue in this campaign, they should be careful because that I find unacceptable, the notion that you start attacking my wife or my family."

Michelle Obama has been on the campaign trail for over a year now, it is naive to expect that eventually people would not run some sort of negative ads against Michelle Obama & to cry about it now, well, that is an immature thing to do.

As far as family, nobody has said a thing about Obama's children......

Obama said his wife "loves this country. For them to try to distort or to play snippets of her remarks in ways that are unflattering to her is, I think, just low class. I think that most of the American people would think that as well."

Hmmm, same comments used to defend the racist preacher, Rev. Wright..... Forget snippets, Michelle Obama has been on the campaign trail & has given complete speeches & has attacked fellow candidates. So, I would say she is fair game, if she can't stand the heat, keep her off the campaign trail.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... _article=1 (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D90OMOF00&show_article=1)

adam613
2008-05-19, 11:04 AM
I wonder if this is more of a threat than a crying of foul. Because John McCain's wife is ... not the sort of person one should marry if one wants to run for president.

Midnight Mike
2008-05-19, 11:38 AM
I wonder if this is more of a threat than a crying of foul. Because John McCain's wife is ... not the sort of person one should marry if one wants to run for president.

McCain's wife has had only a limited role on the campaign trail, so, not sure what the intention is....

Tom_Turner
2008-05-19, 07:22 PM

McCain's wife has had only a limited role on the campaign trail, so, not sure what the intention is....

Yes, but she does help finance the campaign trail.