PDA

View Full Version : New Egypt Air "Egyptair" Colors

Iberia A340-600
2008-05-17, 10:05 PM
For their 76th anniversary, their entrance into Star Alliance, and the first delivery of their new 777-300ER fleet Egypt Air will be introducing a new livery and a new "Egyptair" name.

http://iloblog.liladesign.com/aviationbrandingweblog?ShowFile&image=1210846847.jpeg

http://iloblog.liladesign.com/aviationbrandingweblog?ShowFile&image=1210921649.png

http://iloblog.liladesign.com/aviationb ... me&post=37 (http://iloblog.liladesign.com/aviationbrandingweblog?Home&post=37)

Egyptair is celebrating its 76th anniversary. The national airline of Egypt is joining the Star Alliance coming Summer. With the introduction of the Boeing 777-300ER and these events Egyptair has re-vitalized its brand and aircraft livery design.

The airline changed 'Egypt Air' into 'Egyptair'. As for the aircraft paint design: although it's a bit Eurowhite-livery the new livery is still a solid and major improvement over the previous image. The aircraft livery design looks crisp and clean with the blue and white however Egyptair's old housecolours like red and gold would have make the brand more Egypt like and distinctive.

The logo and brand, which both look much better, are well positioned on the plane. The gradients from dark to light blue in the nicely improved Horus brand symbol are too hard and could have been easily done with a fine and smooth paint brush work or with a smarter dots paint mask. The arabic 'Egyptair' text on thengine nacelles is less smart as well as for the web address at the rear.

T-Bird76
2008-05-17, 10:44 PM
That's rather nice and compared to what we generally see today it looks like they thought about it for more then a min. Its modern and fresh and the billboard style works well. I especially like the use of the blues on the tail. Very well done!

Delta777LR
2008-05-17, 11:48 PM
The colors look very awesome!!! I cant wait to see that at JFK!!!

LGA777
2008-05-18, 12:03 AM
I love the tail and like the rest. As JFK is a 777 station anyone here or read if the new 777-300's are slated for early ops to JFK ?

Cheers

LGA777

Lezam
2008-05-18, 04:13 AM
Great looking aircraft, hopefully well see her here!

cancidas
2008-05-18, 07:10 AM
i love it! it's a big, bold statement and even though there aren't that many colors used it's not a "white" airplane anymore... kudos to whomever designed that one.

AirtrafficController
2008-05-18, 10:38 AM
Wow that paint scheme is very modern and the blue and black go together nicely.

SengaB
2008-05-18, 02:37 PM
I like the current colors (eventhough it still is horrible) over this HORROR. To me this livery is a disappointment. The old old colors were just fantastic.
What a travesty.

One of the downsides to a livery like this is that you won't see the titles unless the plane is farther way so its not blocked by the wing.
Senga

PhilDernerJr
2008-05-18, 02:55 PM
Nice! Looks like a sports team. I really like that.

wunaladreamin
2008-05-18, 06:49 PM
I love the tail, but I agree with Senga's take on the titles.

moose135
2008-05-18, 06:55 PM
One of the downsides to a livery like this is that you won't see the titles unless the plane is farther way so its not blocked by the wing.
But just think how sweet that is going to look in a HoBe bank shot!

SengaB
2008-05-18, 07:15 PM
Thats true :)
I can see people skipping the arrival just to get it off 31L in a nice bank.
Senga

T-Bird76
2008-05-18, 07:31 PM

John is right, this is going to look amazing banking off of 31L. The more I look at this picture the more this is becoming a favorite of mine!

Delta777LR
2008-05-18, 10:20 PM

John is right, this is going to look amazing banking off of 31L. The more I look at this picture the more this is becoming a favorite of mine!

Well in my opinion, I dont think Egypt Air would even be capture on take off from runway 31L for one reason and its because during the evening rush hours international take offs are switched to either runways 22L/R or 4L/R to reduce delays at JFK.. So I dont see a chance capturing the nice colors of Egypt Air departing over rwy 31L As much as I really love to see that...

l

Iberia A340-600
2008-05-18, 10:28 PM
Sergio, you are right that the chances to catch the departure from 31L could be limited throughout the year but it's mainly due to the departure time of the flight. During the winter when the 31's are most commonly used the departure would not be shootable however come March, April, or May and even September and October it should be shootable.

Matt Molnar
2008-05-19, 11:37 AM
That angry bird logo belongs on a football helmet, not a plane.

G-BOAD
2008-05-20, 06:34 PM
That looks like one sweet plane. Hope to see them at JFK soon.

SengaB
2008-05-21, 09:14 AM
You said it best Gotham!,
That's what tried to say but didnt come out right :) As one person said it looks like a chartered aircraft for a sports team. Not a naitonal carrier for a airline who country has been in existance for thousands of years.

Senga

Speedbird1
2008-05-21, 12:52 PM
That's quite a change. I wonder why Egypt Air chose shades of blue. The Egyptian flag has no blue in it. While the fuselage design is very stylish, I prefer the old tail logo. The new tail seems to show a stylized version of the god Horus but is less colorful. To me, it looks too much like the shades found on Jet Blue. The shades of blue are disappointing; maybe they plan to merge with Jet Blue.

Iberia A340-600
2008-06-15, 09:57 AM
In addition to the new livery, Egyptair has painted 2 aircraft in the Star Alliance scheme prior to their joining in July.

An A330-200 and a 777-200 have just been painted.

With the 777-200 it should provide some variety from Egyptair at JFK for once!

http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6274831&nseq=0

Tom_Turner
2008-06-15, 11:40 AM
Well, if oil doesn't get any cheaper, that may be the end of folks worrying about capping flights out of JFK, as there will be a lot less, and perhaps the "old" runway usage will return...

Anyway, I'll take this livery over the last one... what they had was "good" but most of the time I would see it, it was a white fuselage and very dark tail- not very interesting.

Maybe everyone will agree it'll look good on a Herpa or Gemini model though....

Tom

Winglets747
2008-06-18, 03:44 AM
It's a refreshing look, but I wish they would have pulled an Air India and put their native script (Arabic) on one side and English on the other, or at least make the Arabic more prominent.

But perhaps that was done purposefully.