PDA

View Full Version : American Eagle Launching LGA-CID (Cedar Rapids, Iowa)

Matt Molnar
2008-04-28, 05:02 PM
Press Release:

American Eagle Airlines to Add Direct Service Between New York LaGuardia and Cedar Rapids, Iowa

FORT WORTH, Texas, April 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- American Eagle Airlines, the regional affiliate of American Airlines, will add a daily nonstop flight between New York LaGuardia Airport (LGA) and The Eastern Iowa Regional Airport in Cedar Rapids, Iowa (CID), beginning July 2.

American Eagle will operate the service with 37-seat Embraer ERJ-135 jets.

"We are pleased to be adding service to Cedar Rapids," said American Eagle President and CEO Peter Bowler. "This new flight will allow our business customers direct access to New York City."

"This new flight will provide tremendous benefit for people traveling in and out of the Eastern Iowa Regional Airport," said Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa). "I appreciate American Eagle's willingness to invest in Iowa and the Cedar Rapids area."

"This is a great gain for Cedar Rapids," said Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa). "It opens one of the most important markets to a nonstop flight, really helping travelers.

"I am pleased American Eagle appreciates the strength of our small businesses in Iowa, and recognizes the great economic opportunities that exist in the technology corridor," said Congressman Dave Loebsack (D-Iowa). "This new direct air service between New York and Cedar Rapids will allow for improved business travel and expanded opportunity for all residents of the Cedar Rapids community."

"American Eagle has been a great partner for Cedar Rapids/Iowa City and New York City has always been a very popular destination," said Dan Mann, Airport Director. "We are very excited American Eagle is going to provide us with this non-stop service to LaGuardia, our 12th non-stop destination."

The schedule for the flights between LaGuardia and Cedar Rapids, Iowa (all times local):

LaGuardia International Airport to Cedar Rapids, Iowa (LGA-CID)
Flight 4862
Departs 11:15 a.m.
Arrives 1:10 p.m
Days: Daily; except Saturday

Cedar Rapids, Iowa to LaGuardia International Airport (CID-LGA)

Flight 4864
Departs 1:35 p.m.
Arrives 5:05 p.m.
Days: Daily; except Saturday

American Eagle is also adding a flight from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport to Cedar Rapids, Iowa, beginning June 1 for a total of six (6) round trips. American Eagle also serves Cedar Rapids from Chicago O'Hare with seven (7) daily round trips. AmericanConnection has three (3) daily round trips from St. Louis to Cedar Rapids.

About American Eagle
American Eagle operates over 1,700 daily flights to more than 150 cities throughout the United States, Canada, the Bahamas, Mexico and the Caribbean on behalf of American Airlines. American Airlines is the world's largest airline. American, American Eagle and the AmericanConnection(R) airlines serve 250 cities in over 40 countries with more than 4,000 daily flights. The combined network fleet numbers more than 1,000 aircraft. American's award-winning Web site, AA.com, provides users with easy access to check and book fares, plus personalized news, information and travel offers. American Airlines is a founding member of the oneworld(R) Alliance, which brings together some of the best and biggest names in the airline business, enabling them to offer their customers more services and benefits than any airline can provide on its own. Together, its members serve more than 700 destinations in over 140 countries and territories. American Airlines, Inc. and American Eagle Airlines, Inc. are subsidiaries of AMR Corporation. AmericanAirlines, American Eagle, AmericanConnection, AA.com, We know why you fly and AAdvantage are registered trademarks of American Airlines, Inc. .
Current AMR Corp. news releases are available via the Internet.

The address is http://www.aa.com/

adam613
2008-04-28, 05:06 PM
Um...that's ... an interesting route...

(and a LONG flight on a 135...almost three hours westbound...)

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-04-28, 07:10 PM
Um...I give it two months.

AA 777
2008-04-28, 07:42 PM
Um...I give it two months.

On what basis?

T-Bird76
2008-04-28, 07:45 PM
Um...that's ... an interesting route...

(and a LONG flight on a 135...almost three hours westbound...)

Yes it is a long route but to be fair there's like 35 people who live in Cedar Rapids. ;)

kc2aqg
2008-04-28, 08:29 PM
Yes it is a long route but to be fair there's like 35 people who live in Cedar Rapids. ;)

That may be true Tommy, but our own Dima Z is one of them! Now all he has to do is plan another trip to NYC! When are ya coming out next Dima? Lots of good spotting to do up here :D

T-Bird76
2008-04-28, 09:03 PM

That may be true Tommy, but our own Dima Z is one of them! Now all he has to do is plan another trip to NYC! When are ya coming out next Dima? Lots of good spotting to do up here :D

Oh that's right Andy! Well Dima can visit us more often now.

kc2aqg
2008-04-28, 09:50 PM
I bet it will still be cheaper to connect through ORD! Thanks AA, LOL

lijk604
2008-04-29, 03:36 PM
Ooooohh!!!! LGA-CID....I'm sure there is a need for this.

mirrodie
2008-04-29, 03:41 PM
I need the quickeest way from NY to Mobile, Alabama.

Thoughts?

Matt Molnar
2008-04-29, 03:47 PM
LGA-CLT-MOB on US is the quickest according to Orbitz.

mirrodie
2008-04-29, 04:02 PM
Think American Eagle might jump on that nonstop?