PDA

View Full Version : Bayswater 4/8/08

moose135
2008-04-09, 01:42 AM
Andy, Josh and I were spotting down at Bayswater this afternoon. After about 2 1/2 or 3 hours, two NYPD officers approached us on foot. I'm not sure how they found us - there wasn't anyone around to call, and you really can't see the spot from anywhere. They asked what we were doing ("Are you guys taking pictures of the planes?") and said "They don't like you taking pictures from here", apparently because you can see the airport facilities.

They acknowledged we weren't doing anything wrong, and didn't ask us to leave, but repeated several times that "they" (whoever "they" are) don't like us taking pictures there. As they left, one made a reference to "the guys in suits" who might react differently to us being there - I kept waiting for Agent Mulder to pop out from behind the bushes. In all, they were there for maybe 5 minutes, and never asked for ID. Of course, we were there for another hour, and all we saw were some fishermen, but nobody in suits. :wink:

wunaladreamin
2008-04-09, 07:03 AM
It was Tommy Lee Jones coming to erase your memory lol. What's with you and the suits Moose? Egadz!

cancidas
2008-04-09, 10:46 AM
probably saw you from the tower. some binoculars are pretty strong these days. where was the sun? maybe they caught a glint off your lenses.

PhilDernerJr
2008-04-09, 10:56 AM
As with all decent aviation photographers, the sun was behind them....no glare possible.

It was most likely a boater, or a port cop that stands guard on the perimeter.

skyhawka4m
2008-04-09, 11:27 PM
Could it possibly be the residents in the area where you park your cars? Maybe they saw a bunch of unkown cars parked and called them in, or maybe saw someone heading into the park? This would be my guess.

lijk604
2008-04-10, 04:39 PM
Having just visited there for the first time, I bet it was someone ticked off about someone parking in front of their house. I found parking at Bayswater is extremely limited.