PDA

View Full Version : Lovely little letter to UA.

stuart schechter
2008-04-08, 09:54 PM
My story.

To whom it may concern,

Hello, My name is Stuart Schechter and I recently had an unpleasant and gross experience onboard one of your flights. I was travelling on United flight 426 servicing Jackson Hole to Denver on March 27th. I got to my seat only to find that the seatback pocket of my seat had not been cleaned or restocked at all. The magazine was still creased to a page and there were wrappers for “Biscoff” Waffers in the pocket, not to mention the used tissues that were lying next to it. But that was not all, the magazine that I just mentioned, the cover of it was STUCK to the seatback pocket by a wadded up piece of gum. How lovely, I just had a great skiing vacation and I chose to fly United because I thought it would be a pleasant, sanitary experience, but much to my surprise, it was not and I don’t know if United will be getting my service again. I have included pictures at the end of this email outlining the aforementioned trash.
On another note, on my trip out to Jackson on United 361 on March 21st, I left a valuable radio worth $100 on the plane. I am an aviation enthusiast and I had been listening to the aircraft communications before I got on the plane. When I got on the plane I must have left it in the seatback pocket of the aircraft and after realizing this, I went to a customer service agent in Denver on my return trip home to get the number for lost and found to see if they had it. The agent told me to leave a message and they would get back to me if they had it. I got the number and, to my dismay, was not even able to leave a message, the mailbox was full. Obviously someone wasn’t doing their job. I find this appalling that this airline would treat it’s customers, the people that generate revenue for the airline, like nothing. I just wanted to let you know about this shocking experience on an airline I had expected much more from and wanted to tell you that I may not bring my service back again.
Regards,
Stuart Schechter
Mileage Plus Member #03211139853

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/7228/ua1rc0.jpg
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/8620/ua2tj9.jpg

nycpilot
2008-04-08, 10:22 PM
At least you can't say they didn't try serving you a meal ;)

RDU-JFK
2008-04-09, 08:36 AM
Did you send the pictures along with your letter? Let us know the outcome!

stuart schechter
2008-04-09, 08:46 AM
Sent links because it was not a real e-mail. just a comment form

lijk604
2008-04-09, 12:26 PM
Prepare to recieve a form letter response and added miles to your Milage Plus account.
If you get any more than that I would be surprised.

stuart schechter
2008-04-10, 07:48 AM
I got $150 travel voucher. Thats fine.

Midnight Mike
2008-04-10, 08:48 AM
I got $150 travel voucher. Thats fine.

Well, then your letter worked.

It was unfortunate what happened to the seat that was not clean, but, these things happen, not that I would have liked it & would have written a letter as well.

So, you received a travel voucher from United, at least they made an attempt to make you whole... :borat:

RDU-JFK
2008-04-10, 09:35 AM
[quote="stuart schechter":f433c]I got $150 travel voucher. Thats fine.

Well, then your letter worked.

It was unfortunate what happened to the seat that was not clean, but, these things happen, not that I would have liked it & would have written a letter as well.

So, you received a travel voucher from United, at least they made an attempt to make you whole... :borat:[/quote:f433c]

Yup, so that's $150 plus whatever it costs to get to an airport to redeem it, plus the $15 fee for buying a ticket in person plus any blackout fees that might apply depending on the ticketing price! Oh well...it's better than nothing!

mirrodie
2008-04-10, 10:03 AM
Could be worse. Could have been gum on your seat. I had that happen once on AA.

Think I got 15K miles. ...

Lezam
2008-04-10, 05:38 PM
Whoa, you got $150 travel voucher?

It took me 10 hours to get from jfk-fll and all I got was a response saying we dont care... Love ya delta

T-Bird76
2008-04-11, 09:30 AM
Its interesting you got that voucher so quickly Stuart. I'm finding that the airlines, hotels, and rental car companies simply throw something at you to say "I'm sorry." Just last night the Hotel Manager of the Hilton I'm staying at gave me 5000 Honors points because the A/C in my room wasn't working. In Feb AA gave me over 15K in miles for delays that didn't bother me in the least. While its nice they do this I'd rather see the core problem taken care of.