PDA

View Full Version : Iron Eagle

mirrodie
2008-04-04, 12:16 PM
IMHO, the first Iron eagle was a bit better than TopGun. (TopGun is proof that to make it sell, you need a love story attachment)

So having said that, I also saw Iron Eagle two and they laid the cheese a bit thick on that one. F4 Phamtoms were suddenly Russian migs.

How many others were there? I know there was a 3 and 4 (Doug Masters comes back from the dead), but also a 5th?

Also loved Flight of hte Intruder but we need an A10 movie ;)

RDU-JFK
2008-04-04, 12:26 PM
I've seen the first two. Excellent point about the love story. And come on--did we really need that volleyball scene in Top Gun?

eric8669
2008-04-04, 12:39 PM
IMHO, the first Iron eagle was a bit better than TopGun. (TopGun is proof that to make it sell, you need a love story attachment)

So having said that, I also saw Iron Eagle two and they laid the cheese a bit thick on that one. F4 Phamtoms were suddenly Russian migs.

How many others were there? I know there was a 3 and 4 (Doug Masters comes back from the dead), but also a 5th?

I believe there only have been four Iron Eagle Movies. The first one is by far a better movie then the rest. I am probably one of few people that have seen all four.

mirrodie
2008-04-04, 12:59 PM
I am probably one of few people that have seen all four.

That will soon change

Ari707
2008-04-04, 01:06 PM
those Israeli f-16 looked good in it

emshighway
2008-04-04, 02:37 PM

It would be a slow moving movie :P

Fire Birds was a great movie!!! I love the AH-64!!!!

If I see Top Gun is on I still have to watch the first few minutes...

moose135
2008-04-04, 05:21 PM
And come on--did we really need that volleyball scene in Top Gun?
Well, it was a love story, wasn't it?

IMDB shows 4 movies in the Iron Eagle series. I think I watched part of the first. Couldn't quite get past the teenager fighter pilot part. Of course, I was in the AF at the time, and I knew how things really worked.

cancidas
2008-04-04, 08:00 PM
i've only seen the first two iron eagle movies, and F-4s as migs is almost as abd as F-5s in the same role. firebirds was ok, though i do know someone who has done the optical-snorkel in a humvee. i liked pearl harbor more than any of those the warbird scenes though...

Nick
2008-04-05, 11:47 AM
As an ex '16 crew dawg, the movie makes me put my palm on my forehead. I'm sure IMDB has alot of inaccuracies than I can remember, such as the jet turning from a A model to a B model in flight. I actually caught part of The Great Santini yesterday, not bad. I can thank Top Gun for spawning the interest in aviation I have today. But back on topic, I've only seen, and own, the first IE, and based on your reactions don't plan on seeing the rest of 'em.