PDA

View Full Version : For A Sports Fan......

Gerard
2008-04-04, 10:34 AM
This is really a great time of year.
Hockey......my Rangers made the playoffs in a wild season where in the Eastern Division it was a battle
to the end to get in. In fact some teams are still fighting (Capitals) and a team with 90 points or more will not get in. If the Islanders had not fallen to the injury bug this year to they would have been competing
also. NHL playoffs which start next week are just awesome.
And college hockey has the Frozen Four next week after last weekends championship round of 16.
Baseball.....nothing better than coming home and putting on a ballgame to unwind. I'm a Yankee fan but I
still watch peek in to watch the Mets. Older years and maturity (??!!) make me not such a hater anymore of
the "other" NY baseball team.
Basketball...I wont watch the pros until the playoffs and even then its pretty much not until the 4th Qtr. And hopefully with Mr. Walsh now coming in to take over the Knicks we'll have playoff bball in the future.
March Madness is winding up with the Final Four tomorrow night and the Final Monday night. Except for a
few games, like Davidsons run to the Elite 8, most of the games were blowouts especially in the later rounds
where the 1 seeds dominated. Hopefully the Final 4 will be better match-ups. I love college ball. Just so
much more exciting.
Football..... oh off-season workouts have begun along with the league meetings. And I can pop in my DVD
of the Giants SUPER BOWL VICTORY any time I want.
Soccer.....YES soccer. The Red Bulls and the MLS soccer season starts tomorrow night and MSG will be
televising their games. I've gotten a greater appreciation for soccer since my daughter started playing
some years ago.
So that is it sports fans. Stay dry and have a great weekend!!!