PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION: Server Switch

PhilDernerJr
2008-03-31, 12:16 PM
With our plans to expand in the near future, it is imperative that we move to a server that can handle our traffic needs and not slow any of you folks down from enjoying the site.

Because of that, we will be completing our server switch Tuesday, April 1, at 8:00pm EST. The site is expected to be down for at least 10 minutes.

The final push of the switch will be nearly instant, but the re-pointing of the domain name to the new server is the only part that might slow down our returning to operational status immediately. Please be patient and refresh the page if you the site is not loading.

In addition, once you see the the site is back up, please let us know if you see any problems or anything that doesn't seem to be acting as you thought it would.

If you experience slow loading or any other issues, at any point in the future, please let us know by posting here, or by emailing us at [email protected].

By the way, there is no April Fools joke associated with this. Don't expect the site to come back upside down or anything.

Thank you so much for your support and patience as we help grow our community.

-Phil Derner, Jr.
Site Administrator

stuart schechter
2008-04-01, 09:26 AM
I think I may get separation anxiety!

Ari707
2008-04-01, 02:16 PM
By the way, there is no April Fools joke associated with this. Don't expect the site to come back upside down or anything

you mean its not supposed to be upside down...

moose135
2008-04-02, 01:55 AM
It appears to be working so far...and I got some shots of that AN-224 that came into FLU!

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/273718716_dTUzT-S.jpg

PhilDernerJr
2008-04-02, 04:19 AM
Well, we worked on it last night, and we are not yet completely done with the switch. We discovered a few things that will require another night's work.

If anyone notices any bugs or pages that are not behaving as you feel they should at this point, please let us know.

I will inform you in advance of the next segment of the server switch.

Thanks guys!