PDA

View Full Version : RJ is being screwy in DTW again!!!

nwafan20
2008-03-28, 08:22 PM
Fellow Detroit Spotter member Andrew and I were talking and he said he heard RJ on the radio today (Friday)....

Now, RJ operates DTW-YUL-AMM on Tuesdays and Thursdays...

But that wasn't the extent of the weirdness! Yes, in fact there was a DTW-AMM (direct) flight today, but yesterday, they operated 2 flights here, does anyone know what could be up????

Just to add to the oddness they flopped the schedule too, they are now back to direct DTW-AMM (they took away the stopover at YUL) and moved the times around from a night time arrival to a morning arrival and departure......

So after about an hour of searching, I am more confused than when I began!!! :|

Iberia A340-600
2008-03-28, 08:42 PM
Depends on what flight tracking website you were looking on, Thaler.

I'm looking on Flightstats and see that yesterday there was indeed a RJ flight to DTW but it was from YUL and back to YUL. I also see that there were two departures yesterday to YUL but judging by the close departure times and flight numbers I'm guessing it's just a mistake on the website.

nwafan20
2008-03-28, 08:45 PM
No, Flightstats didn't catch the second flight (nonstop), I am running directly off of the RJ data, and personal accounts by people who were there.

nwafan20
2008-03-28, 08:57 PM
Oh, by the way, I think I solved part of the mystery.

Thursdays they apparently were operating 2 daily (RJ267/268 and RJ269/270) but are moving that to 1 daily starting next Thursday. One flight operated with a stop in YUL and one without that stop (according to RJ). The new flights will be all non-stop (again according to RJ) without the stop in YUL...

But that still doesn't explain why RJ269/270 was at DTW today!

LGA777
2008-03-28, 11:22 PM
Matt, without trying to sound like an ass this sounds to me what we call in the airline industry a "schedule change". Most Airlines and most larger stations have them every few months, some Airlines like US has them about once a month or at least every 6 weeks. I'm guessing from your confusion RJ has had the same schedule at DTW for as long as you have been spotting. With some International carriers with a few flights a week at a far away from home base station like RJ at DTW it is concievable that nothing may have changed in a few years, I know the JFK RJ flight numbers are over at least 10 years old.

Respectfully,

LGA777

nwafan20
2008-03-28, 11:39 PM
No, that isn't what is confusing me, what is confusing me is the extra flight yesterday and the flight today.

These flights do not repeat in the schedule. I understand the swapping times, I just posted that because I found it out in my searching.

Iberia A340-600
2008-03-29, 07:02 AM
From what I could gather on the post on Airliners that you made it seems like it had to do with a tech issue and an extra flight which I had previously mentioned to you.