PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Seacrest is making some serious bank

Midnight Mike
2008-03-26, 07:57 PM
Sheesh! Ryan Seacrest is a money-making machine!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 8032102140 (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/21/AR2008032100950.html?sub=AR&sid=ST2008032102140)

He's paid an estimated $12.5 million annually just for hosting "Idol," not counting all the ancillary gigs he's lined up. Among them: a three-year, $21 million deal with E! Entertainment Network to host its special-event programming and take command of virtually all of E!'s "red-carpet" coverage -

Seacrest does a daily five-hour radio show in Los Angeles. In April, he's taking three hours of that show national, via syndication, and as part of the deal -- a rather unprecedented part -- Seacrest's advertising company retains 10 minutes of the ad time on the show to sell on its own, so that the profit goes right back to Seacrest and not through any network or syndicator. Seacrest couldn't care less about rumors of his sexual relationships, because he keeps adding corporate relationships to his repertory. "Coca-Cola; that's a very good relationship.

"I have great relations with advertisers, so I started an advertising company to sell our own time in my shows and build that business up in the next couple of months. I have several of these little companies: Ryan Seacrest Productions, 'On Air With Ryan Seacrest,' which employs about 20 people; 'Top 40' radio has a staff of about 15; there's Sea Calm, which is the radio division; and Seacrest Sales, which is our sales division. I try to run it lean but efficient.

wunaladreamin
2008-03-26, 08:08 PM
He's the 2000 generation's version of Carson Daly. I hated Carson and I hate Seacrest. They're like hemorrhoids that never go away. In the late 90's it was my dream to see Carson Daly get kicked in the dude eggs by some teenie bopper chick. God, I hate celebrities.

cancidas
2008-03-26, 08:40 PM
He's the 2000 generation's version of Carson Daly. I hated Carson and I hate Seacrest. They're like hemorrhoids that never go away. In the late 90's it was my dream to see Carson Daly get kicked in the dude eggs by some teenie bopper chick. God, I hate celebrities.
do you know where i can find a video of that?

wunaladreamin
2008-03-26, 09:20 PM
do you know where i can find a video of that?
It was just a dream my friend, just one little excellent dream.

Lezam
2008-03-26, 09:31 PM
I wonder where carson went?

wunaladreamin
2008-03-26, 09:35 PM
I wonder where carson went?
I've wondered that myself, however, many of the conclusions I've drawn up cannot be mentioned in this family oriented site. :twisted:

Matt Molnar
2008-03-26, 11:03 PM
Carson still hosts a late late night show on NBC, after Conan O'Brian.

Seacrest is a douche, but I'd say less so than Daly. It is pretty amazing what he's done, replacing THE two biggest names in music for 40 years, Casey Kasem and Dick Clark, and he probably makes more just from Idol in a year than Casey Kasem made in his whole career.

PhilDernerJr
2008-03-27, 06:40 AM
I didn't know Daly and Seacrest were of differnet generations.

Until Seacrest gets involved in some "scandal" that the media decides to run with, he will stay on course to becoming one of the top faces in entertainment in many years...playing the Dick Clark roles and such.

Midnight Mike
2008-03-27, 07:01 AM
I didn't know Daly and Seacrest were of differnet generations.

Until Seacrest gets involved in some "scandal" that the media decides to run with, he will stay on course to becoming one of the top faces in entertainment in many years...playing the Dick Clark roles and such.

What was the name of the guy that was the co-host of American Idol on the first season, Dunkledorf or something like that?

Wonder how that guy feels now! Hell, if it were me, I would be overdosing on children cough medine :mrgreen:

PhilDernerJr
2008-03-27, 07:05 AM
Eh. Money is the only thing that Seacrest has going for him. He's one of the most ridiculed people in show-biz.

wunaladreamin
2008-03-27, 07:32 AM
What was the name of the guy that was the co-host of American Idol on the first season, Dunkledorf or something like that?

Wonder how that guy feels now! Hell, if it were me, I would be overdosing on children cough medine :mrgreen:
He's done worse than OD'ing on cough medicine...he's on Celebrity Fit Club. LMAO!

T-Bird76
2008-03-27, 09:32 AM
What's wrong with Seacrest? We're lambasting a guy who's been rather successful and seems to keep to himself. Hell in his position he could be a total jackass and spout off his political opinion like many with his access to the public but he hasn't. I don't think he's such a bad dude.

PhilDernerJr
2008-03-27, 09:45 AM
He's just easy to make fun of for acting like an idiot. I think most people who are outside of their teenage years find him to be incredibly annoying. He didn't necessarily have to do anything WRONG, and we're not saying he's the worst person in Hollywood. He's jsut annoying and most people I know at least don't care for him.

wunaladreamin
2008-03-27, 01:13 PM
Obviously, he's got some talent to make it as far as he's done in the time he's done it in. But my opinion is that he carries himself like his butt-nuggets don't stink and I can feel his divo (that's male diva for those not in the know) attitude shoot through my tv about 5 minutes before Idol starts. I'm not lambasting him, but I wouldn't mind if they found him expired in the bathroom, almost like Elvis iffin you will (and iffin you won't).

T-Bird76
2008-03-27, 01:16 PM
WOW! The hate! Where's the love???? Well I like him, I find him pleasing to watch, lol ;)