PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Aircraft at JFK

Speedbird1
2008-03-21, 09:17 AM
I need help identifying an aircraft that I saw briefly from a bus yesterday, March 20, at Terminal One at JFK. The entire fuselage, as well as the tail, appeared to be covered with calligraphy; no English letters were seen. It was parked by the entrance side of T1. The nose was blocked by the jetway. I saw it around 10 AM but when I finally got over to T1 around 11 AM; it was gone! Maybe it was a special version of a Royal Air Maroc, but I'm unsure. The tail did not have the standard RAM logo. I couldn't tell if it were a B773 or an A343. What could it be?

PhilDernerJr
2008-03-21, 10:03 AM
Was it parked NEAR T1, or at T1 as one of its aircraft operating there? Because the only thing I can think of is maybe one of the Pakistani 773 tails.

Speedbird1
2008-03-21, 10:59 AM
I checked yesterday's departures from T1. I thought that maybe it was China Eastern but they had no departure yesterday morning.. The aircraft was definitely parked at T1 as its nose was enclosed in the jetway there. I may never know what I saw. It definitely wasn't a PIA. A possibility is a Royal Air Maroc bearing a special livery but they had no early morning departure, either.

PhilDernerJr
2008-03-21, 11:08 AM
Was it that big? Cayman has some unique schemes at T1.

Speedbird1
2008-03-21, 11:51 AM
Yes, it was the new Cayman livery that I saw. I thought that it had calligraphy on the fuselage but I was mistaken. The aircraft, VP-CKY, appears to be what I saw. It was a B733 but appeared larger as it was parked in the front of T1. Thanks for helping. Now I can sleep tonight!