PDA

View Full Version : More typical Republican electioneering

adam613
2008-03-20, 03:45 PM
As if Democrats didn't have enough problems deciding upon their presidential nominee this year, now they must contend with the possibility that Republicans are deliberately crossing party lines to prolong the bitterly contested race between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. In recent weeks, conservative talk radio stars Rush Limbaugh and Laura Ingraham have urged loyal listeners to vote for the much-despised Clinton in open Democratic primaries so as to prevent Obama from sealing the nomination, and there are some indications that their calls have already been heeded in states like Texas and Mississippi.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20080320/u ... thedemrace (http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20080320/us_time/cangopvotersspoilthedemrace)

Matt Molnar
2008-03-20, 04:02 PM
Neither party is above trickery to achieve a goal. I don't understand why states allow this in the first place.

Midnight Mike
2008-03-20, 06:02 PM
This happens in every election, you don't think that only Republicans were voting for Huckabee :wink:

adam613
2008-03-20, 06:11 PM
This happens in every election, you don't think that only Republicans were voting for Huckabee :wink:

I think the vast majority of Huckabee voters were Republicans...the Democrats were too nervous that he could actually win the general election.

Switching party affiliation for primaries isn't a new thing...I personally registered Republican in 2000 so I could vote for McCain in the Republican primary. But that was because I didn't really care who got the Democratic nomination, and I would have rather seen McCain as president than Bush. I have since re-registered as a Democrat, because I have fewer problems with them.

This is exactly the opposite; Rush isn't encouraging dittoheads to vote for their preferred Democrat. He's asking them to attempt to sabotage the Democratic nomination process to get a Republican elected. If it does work, it's going to backfire in rather amusing ways, but that doesn't make it any more honest.