PDA

View Full Version : California Road Trip

kc2aqg
2008-03-17, 06:08 PM
So next month I am taking a road trip in California with a good buddy of mine. I'm flying JFK-ATL-LAX-SLC-JFK (I know, I could have gone direct, but instead opted for a trip on the MD-90). My buddy is flying RSW-ATL-LAX-ATL-RSW. We are renting a car and doing a roadtrip up highway 1 to get some photo opportunities of the beautiful california coast as well as to check out the cities along the way, but especially LA and San Fran. My buddy knows a lot about San Fran and the things to do, but neither of us know LA all that well. Besides Imperial Hill and In n Out Burger, what would you guys recommend for us to do for our day or two in LA before we start the drive? Any other suggestions for stops along the way? We will be passing through Monterey, San Luis Obispo, and Oakland as well, so any suggestions for things to see or places to drink at would be helpful!

RDU-JFK
2008-03-18, 08:37 AM
Stop in Santa Barbara!

mirrodie
2008-03-18, 11:45 AM
Do you like wines?

T-Bird76
2008-03-18, 12:01 PM
Have you been to the Getty before? If not make a stop, its worth it. Also while you in the LA area go to Ketalla's Deli for dinner one night or lunch. The place is fantastic and a famous SoCal spot. Below is the address, its about 30 mins south from LAX. Also another great eat is Parker's Lighthouse at Long Beach Harbor.

4470 Katella Ave
Los Alamitos, CA 90720