PDA

View Full Version : IFR Training Last Night?

Gerard
2008-03-01, 01:17 PM
Was up past Midnite last night and while watching TV had my scanner on FRG freq. I like doing
this when the weather sucks to see who is flying. N650CT was flying, in fact they were making numerous approaches to ILS 14 and at one point I heard a female pilot telling someone they were
lingering outside waiting for clearance. I heard them do about 4 approaches into FRG. Went outside
twice to see if I could see them but the ceiling was too low in the snow/rain. Did hear them though
as the Embraer EMB-120ER is pretty loud.
Earlier in the evening after 6 I saw two Sikorsky S-76s flying the ILS 14 route though at that time the precip hadnt started yet. Could be the Cablevision ships as those guys pretty muchy fly in all
types of weather.

cancidas
2008-03-01, 03:29 PM
i don't know about others, but i for one love to go out and practice aproaches when the wx goes down. when you're flying in the soup, with winds kicking you around all over the place the approach you're trying to fly becomes more challenging. for me, challenging = fun! and yes, i have gone out at the wee hours of the morning to shoot approaches at ISP and FRG. even did my FRG-JFK-EWR-LGA-FRG trip at 'o-dark-thirty.

Gerard
2008-03-01, 07:42 PM
>N650CT was flying<

Stop by FRG today and 650CT along with 651CT were parked at the main terminal. They are the ships used for
the AC shuttle. 50 left at 1:30 and 51 around 20 minutes later. Interesting that the female pilot I heard on 50
last night was today flying 51. Hope she got some sleep. :lol:
Also the weather was a little better though the winds were gusty and some snow squalls were moving W to E on
the south shore.