PDA

View Full Version : 2.16.08 DTW Romulus Police encounter

nwafan20
2008-02-25, 09:34 PM
It was last week but I forgot to post it.

We were over on a little spot catching departures when a Romulus Police car pulls up behind us, we approach him, asks us what we are doing, etc. He asked if it was our land (Duh, no), just trying to be smart. Finally, he just says that that property isn't technically public and asked us to move to the other side of the road, which was fine.

He didn't get out of his car, check our ID's or anything. The Romulus cops are pretty cool about spotting.

Some guy on my site posted this, I thought I might as well share:

One of my earliest memories of Romulus PD is from back in about 1976 or so. My dad and I were driving up Middle Belt and stopped on the shoulder to watch some planes approaching, and an officer pulled over on the other side of the street, pulled out his radar gun, and clocked a 727 flying over (145 MPH, if I remember right).

cancidas
2008-02-25, 11:21 PM
One of my earliest memories of Romulus PD is from back in about 1976 or so. My dad and I were driving up Middle Belt and stopped on the shoulder to watch some planes approaching, and an officer pulled over on the other side of the street, pulled out his radar gun, and clocked a 727 flying over (145 MPH, if I remember right).

that's funny, would have gotten a kick out of seeing it.

stuart schechter
2008-02-26, 11:57 PM
I think I'm gonna have to issue that plane a citation!

adam613
2008-02-27, 12:13 PM

It was a 727, not a Citation...

RDU-JFK
2008-02-27, 12:18 PM

I think he meant traffic citation...

stuart schechter
2008-02-28, 12:01 AM
[quote="stuart schechter":e655c]I think I'm gonna have to issue that plane a citation!

I think he meant traffic citation...[/quote:e655c]

Hit the nail on the head.