PDA

View Full Version : Democratic debate on 21-Feb, CNN

Midnight Mike
2008-02-21, 08:55 PM
Democratic debate on 21-Feb, CNN

8:00pm east coast time / 5:00pm west coast

Should be a fun debate with Clinton behind in the polls, expect her to go on the attack....

Midnight Mike
2008-02-21, 10:35 PM
[youtubetp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lowGc16Xy8[/youtube

PhilDernerJr
2008-02-21, 10:48 PM
He made her look bad. It's clear she's nitpicking and more intent on concentrating on mudslinging than the real issues at hand...and she'll only hurt the entire Democratic party by doing that.

PhilDernerJr
2008-02-22, 07:50 AM
[youtubetp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2Om-c9IMjw[/youtubeI don't care for Hillary at all, but this is one time that I can say she is shining and very genuine in what she says.

I think that she has always been very fake and "corrupted" by politics in many ways, and the emotional roller coaster she's been on and the rattling that Obama has given her has perhaps made her step up and realize what it's all about. Hats off to her for what she said.

Obama still whooped her, though.

Midnight Mike
2008-02-22, 09:45 AM
I am raising the BS flag with this one & I am calling Obama a liar with this comment:

[youtubetp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjZmA4YXFNo[/youtube
Also, the President does not personally assign troops anywhere, that is something the military does.

I copied these comments from another website

1. CPT’s command companies, not platoons.
2. Platoons are not divided up to go to 2 different theaters, EVER.
3. There is no ammo shortage in OEF (Operation Enduring Freedom-Afghanistan). Many platoons are deployed to remote sites in the mountains and require aerial resupply. Those resupply missions are dependent on favorable weather conditions.
4. Taliban weapons are usually not very good and we would not use them without a very high level of command approval.
5. The CDR in Chief is so high above the platoon level that comment doesn’t even deserve a response.

Platoons are not split up along theater level lines. A Platoon is the smallest tactical element commonly employed. Normal Squads, which make up Platoons, do not go out alone unless covered by something big (Tank/Infantry squad teams for example).

Units are not halved for combat!! Units in Afghanistan were not used in Iraq and the two events occurred almost a year apart!! 10th Mountain went into Afghanistan fully manned. 10th Mountain was not used in Iraq. Also, all units have organic vehicles. Divisions are not stripped of vehicles for another theater operation. We have APS fleets to cover this (pre-deployed assets in Kuwait)!!! Obama should know about this as funding for the APS fleets are in the appropriations bills.

Matt Molnar
2008-02-22, 11:29 AM
I don't care for Hillary at all, but this is one time that I can say she is shining and very genuine in what she says.
That was a truly Oscar-worthy performance. :)

Matt Molnar
2008-02-22, 11:32 AM
I am raising the BS flag with this one & I am calling Obama a liar with this comment.
Sounds like he was poorly remembering an anecdote he had heard, and he probably doesn't know all that much about military hierarchy.

Midnight Mike
2008-02-22, 11:49 AM
I am raising the BS flag with this one & I am calling Obama a liar with this comment.

Sounds like he was poorly remembering an anecdote he had heard, and he probably doesn't know all that much about military hierarchy.

Kind of scary for somebody running as Commander-In-Chief.