PDA

View Full Version : AirTran Check In Question

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-02-06, 10:12 AM
Since I am flying AirTran again in a month, I have a question for those of you who have flown AirTran more than me.

I will not be able to check in online when I fly home from LGA, so I will have to do it at the airport. Will I still be able to get a decent window seat on the airplane without checking in the day before? I know they have assigned seats, but you have to get them while checking in unless you pay about five dollars for a non emergency exit seat. My parents will not let me pay the five dollars to guarantee a seat on the way home, so I am asking if I can still get a good window seat?

RDU-JFK
2008-02-06, 10:25 AM
I flew AirTran to/from CAK a few months ago. The LGA-CAK flight I checked in the day before but the CAK-LGA leg I checked in at the airport. I must admit there weren't too much seats left to choose from. Forget about getting exit seats at the airport. Maybe you can call the night before and explain you wanted to check in but cannot have access to a computer and they can assign you a window in advance?

HPNPilot1200
2008-02-06, 04:32 PM
Since I am flying AirTran again in a month, I have a question for those of you who have flown AirTran more than me.

I will not be able to check in online when I fly home from LGA, so I will have to do it at the airport. Will I still be able to get a decent window seat on the airplane without checking in the day before? I know they have assigned seats, but you have to get them while checking in unless you pay about five dollars for a non emergency exit seat. My parents will not let me pay the five dollars to guarantee a seat on the way home, so I am asking if I can still get a good window seat?

I don't know of any other way than to call AirTran and speak with a friendly customer service representative or to pay the five dollars. The first way may not be a guarantee, but I would think they should be able to do something. I usually travel AirTran with my dad who has jumpseat privileges with them (which usually leads to a comp upgrade to first class), but when I travel alone, I usually pay the $5 to grab a good seat when I book the reservation.

Hope this helps and please post what the outcome is, I'm sort of interested.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-02-06, 08:09 PM
I wish my parents would let me spend the five bucks. I guess what we can do is have my mother check in for us online and then we can reprint the boarding passes at the airport when we check our bags.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-03-12, 11:20 AM
Would I at least be able to get a window seat if I check in at the airport?

Alex T
2008-03-12, 11:27 AM
Would I at least be able to get a window seat if I check in at the airport?

It can go both ways, if there are some open then you'd be able to get them. If there are not any, then you won't.

Alex