PDA

View Full Version : Looks like EOS has big plans

NYCMedic
2008-02-05, 06:26 PM
The Email below is from a friend at EOS. I removed the names of people involved. It looks like EOS is really looking to expand their business. Rumor has it that Dubai is in the works for June and Paris will finally come in October.

Eos Team,

I have the pleasure of informing you that last Friday, February 1, 2008, Eos Airlines received an addition to Operations Specifications B050, Authorized Areas of En Route Operations, to include all of South America, Central America and the Caribbean. Along with this approval, Eos received authorization to operate ETOPS flights in these areas. These two approvals greatly increase our available areas of operation and offers new opportunities for Eos. This was accomplished by completing a Table Top exercise on Thursday, January 31, 2008, in which all operations departments participated and then completing a validation flight on Friday with the FAA observing the operation.
This was a joint effort by all departments and was completed in record time to meet the requirements of our new track charter operation. It required the full support of many individuals in each department and in particular I would like to acknowledge the following individuals who were directly involved in completing the validation flight. (Names removed for privacy) who were on duty for 19 ½ hours to complete the round robin JFK-Port of Spain-George Town-JFK flight. The Flight Attendants on the flight were (Names removed for privacy). The Flight Attendants picking up the flight in Port of Spain and flying the George Town-JFK legs were (Names removed for privacy). In advance of the flight and setting up support operations in Port of Spain and George Town for the validation flight were XXXX, Manager of Stations Training and Standards and XXXX, Manager of safety. Supporting the flight from SOC were XXXX, Director of SOC and XXXXX, Dispatcher.

Once again the people of Eos have demonstrated that we truly are a "Category of One".

Regards,

XXXXXXXXXX

SVP Flight Operations

Eos Airlines
287 Bowman Ave., 4th Floor
Purchase, NY 10577
(P) 914.417.XXXX
(M) 770.XXX.XXXX
(F) 914.251.0362

[email protected]

lijk604
2008-02-05, 07:42 PM
I would like to acknowledge the following individuals who were directly involved in completing the validation flight. (Names removed for privacy) who were on duty for 19 ½ hours to complete the round robin JFK-Port of Spain-George Town-JFK flight.

19 ½ hours ??? I know Part 135 you can be on duty 18 hours if you carry a third pilot, and 135 is less restrictive of Part 121 airlines in terms of duty times. How the hell did this crew do this AND pass an audit? You may want not want to keep this thread open, that's a damning letter.

NYCMedic
2008-02-05, 10:31 PM
As I stated the names were removed. There were 7 pilot names and 10 FA names

HPNPilot1200
2008-02-05, 10:53 PM
19 ½ hours ??? I know Part 135 you can be on duty 18 hours if you carry a third pilot, and 135 is less restrictive of Part 121 airlines in terms of duty times. How the hell did this crew do this AND pass an audit? You may want not want to keep this thread open, that's a damning letter.

121 regs for operations with three or more pilots and an additional flight crewmember are a little bit different. I believe this regulation was primarily created for those operators who conduct many long haul trips (transatlantic) between very distant ends of the world, though there is no additional provision specifically stating anything of this kind.

§ 121.485 Flight time limitations: Three or more pilots and an additional flight crewmember.

(a) Each certificate holder conducting flag operations shall schedule its flight hours to provide adequate rest periods on the ground for each pilot who is away from his base and who is a pilot on an airplane that has a crew of three or more pilots and an additional flight crewmember. It shall also provide adequate sleeping quarters on the airplane whenever a pilot is scheduled to fly more than 12 hours during any 24 consecutive hours.

(b) The certificate holder conducting flag operations shall give each pilot, upon return to his base from any flight or series of flights, a rest period that is at least twice the total number of hours he flew since the last rest period at his base. During the rest period required by this paragraph, the air carrier may not require him to perform any duty for it. If the required rest period is more than seven days, that part of the rest period in excess of seven days may be given at any time before the pilot is again scheduled for flight duty on any route.

NYCMedic
2008-02-13, 10:34 AM
Eos Airlines Announces July 6 Launch of New Route between London and Dubai

— Service between Newark and London Begins May 5, Reservations Available Mid-February —

PURCHASE, N.Y., Febuary 11, 2008 — Eos, the “Uncrowded, Uncompromising” choice for travel between New York and London today announced that it is expanding its schedule and route network with daily service between London’s Stansted Airport and Dubai International Airport starting on July 6, 2008. Eos will also enhance its existing service to the New York/New Jersey metropolitan area with the launch of service between New Jersey’s Newark International Airport and London’s Stansted Airport effective May 5th. Eos will begin issuing tickets for travel between Newark and London starting mid-February and will begin issuing tickets for travel between London and Dubai in March.

With Stansted’s easy access to London’s financial district, the City, and industry leading on-time operations, Eos’ new service will be the most convenient option between Dubai and London for business travelers, and the only option that offers an uncrowded end-to-end “Eos Class” travel experience.

“Our community includes many Guests and investors from the Gulf region who feel that Dubai and Eos are a perfect fit. UAE consumers appreciate products and services of the highest quality and we’ve created a travel experience that authentically reflects their lifestyle, an extension of the way they want to live while flying,” said Jack Williams, Eos’ President & CEO. “In addition, our corporate and leisure travelers based in New Jersey have told us they are eagerly anticipating our route between Newark and London Stansted.”

Eos, which flies the world’s only fleet of 757s configured for just 48 Guests, launched its first service in October 2005 and today carries one out of every nine business class passengers between New York’s JFK airport and London on one of its 44 weekly flights. This growth has been largely attributed to peer-to-peer recommendations and word-of-mouth buzz that have resulted from unprecedented levels of Guest satisfaction and loyalty. The Eos Class experience includes fast track check-in and security, 6’6” fully-horizontal flat-bed suites and world class staff who truly care.

cancidas
2008-02-13, 02:17 PM
it's interesting they refer to thier pax as "guests." that's only the second time i've heard that, with JBU calling pax "customers."

Alex T
2008-02-13, 03:03 PM
it's interesting they refer to thier pax as "guests." that's only the second time i've heard that, with JBU calling pax "customers."

SWA calls them Customers also.

In fact a lot more airlines seem to do so because while they are passing, they DO make or break the profit. WN's checks are enscribled at the bottom "From Our Customers".

Alex

Nonstop2AUH
2008-02-13, 08:42 PM
Interesting, I wish them well, but remember they had big plans before, (like when they launched) that were scaled back. The original management team talked of them flying transpacific, ordering new aircraft, etc etc. They are way behind compared to where the original business plan of 3 years ago or so would have them at this time. Only some of this can be blamed on fuel costs.

And to compete with the premium product EK will have on the A380, they will need to do better than a 20 year old 757. Those Eos seats are nice compared to US carriers' first and business class and maybe BA and Virgin's, but they'll need more bells and whistles onboard to attract the khaleejis (Gulf Arabs) who believe in "bigger is better" and like having a lot of room to get up and move around, especially when traveling with colleagues or family. There's a reason why EK doesn't have any single aisle aircraft, even on regional routes. I also don't particularly think the Gulf Arab market wants to fly a US carrier between Dubai and the UK, for a variety of reasons ranging from national pride in EK to the fact that some of them have been BA Gold Executive Club for 10 or 15 years. But we'll see, with 48 seats all it takes is a few corporate contracts.

NYCMedic
2008-02-16, 08:02 PM
In regards to the POS, GEO, FLL, JFK round robin I received new info today. EOS has taken delivery of A 757-200 configured all coach class 178 Pax. N406JS in EOS Titles for flights from JFK-POS, JFK-GEO, FLL-POS, and FLL-GEO.

Iberia A340-600
2008-02-16, 08:17 PM
In regards to the POS, GEO, FLL, JFK round robin I received new info today. EOS has taken delivery of (2) 757-200 to be configured all coach class for flights from JFK-POS, JFK-GEO, FLL-POS, and FLL-GEO.

I'm curious to know if EOS is taking over the Constellation flights. I know that they have been operating for them lately.

Nonstop2AUH
2008-02-18, 07:53 PM
If Eos is flying all-economy class service under its own name to GEO and POS, that's a major deviation from the business plan and it is by definition no longer an all business class airline. I'm surprised they didn't do the coach class services under a different marketing name to avoid diluting the brand they have already invested so much money in promoting. Hope they are not becoming the next Primaris...

Alex T
2008-02-18, 11:56 PM
These are only charter flights, these are NOT being sold to the public to GEO and such.

EOS is still an all business class airline with F suites at business fares. I don't know how or why anyone would confuse the two. This is charters and GEO is not a target for EOS.

They do it because it brings in amazing revenue for EOS.

Alex

NYCMedic
2008-02-19, 11:30 AM
These are only charter flights, these are NOT being sold to the public to GEO and such.

EOS is still an all business class airline with F suites at business fares. I don't know how or why anyone would confuse the two. This is charters and GEO is not a target for EOS.

Alex

Right....but ship 406 is still configured 178Y and they fly under EOS callsign.

Alex T
2008-02-19, 01:24 PM

Alex

Right....but ship 406 is still configured 178Y and they fly under EOS callsign.

Yes but I assume you understand this aircraft will not be used for regular passenger service, and only for charters. They are doing this for the charter contract, when the plane goes back to revenue service for EOS, it will be equipped to the 48 F seats.

Alex

Nonstop2AUH
2008-02-19, 06:55 PM
406 is also apparently in Eos livery per the pic of it on a.net, so my point was now there are sort of 2 Eos Airlines, the one that flies 48 seats to London and the one that flies 178 seats to GEO, and while the branding is the same, the passenger experience is very different. I imagine the way this will have to work is that the GEO passengers never see the Eos brand except what's painted on the side of the plane, because they are certainly not going to be welcome to 'exclusive' Eos amenities like the private check-in desk, lounge, etc etc.

nwafan20
2008-02-19, 07:07 PM
What about doing a new brand such as EOSlite, you could paint it on the plane or not, that way it would differentiate the service, plus it sounds pretty sweet... EOSlite

LGA777
2008-02-19, 11:45 PM
While I believe Eos has a bright future, and will be around indefinalty this reminds me of the final days of MGM Grand Air. They had the 727-100's and DC-8-62's operating with a similar (for the time) product that Eos has both for scheduled and charter service then they surprised many and aquired and operated and all coach 757 for a very different type charter product than what one would experiance on the 727 or DC-8.

And re N406JS I can't imagine it would be easy, fast or cheap to convert it back in forth from all coach to the 48 suite luxury pod type config Eos has.

Regards

LGA777

Nonstop2AUH
2008-02-20, 03:22 AM
As far as I was told when I visited Eos in Purchase some time ago, their premium seats are self contained (i.e. there is no built in IFE system etc. ) so they can be installed in or removed from any 757 as easily as basic economy seats. I have no idea if they have 48 spares sitting around someplace but I imagine if the all-economy craft was needed for premium services, it wouldn't be too hard to convert. What I wonder is, why isn't it needed for premium services, because they should be more profitable than economy charters to POS or GEO unless coach fares to those places are a lot higher than I imagine them to be!

Alex T
2008-02-20, 05:30 AM
As far as I was told when I visited Eos in Purchase some time ago, their premium seats are self contained (i.e. there is no built in IFE system etc. ) so they can be installed in or removed from any 757 as easily as basic economy seats. I have no idea if they have 48 spares sitting around someplace but I imagine if the all-economy craft was needed for premium services, it wouldn't be too hard to convert. What I wonder is, why isn't it needed for premium services, because they should be more profitable than economy charters to POS or GEO unless coach fares to those places are a lot higher than I imagine them to be!

I won't disclose the amount of money EOS makes off these charters but the amount they make is more then enough to be able to pull an aircraft out of service and operate the charters.

Eos has I believe 2 planes for charters, one being N406 but I cannot confirm if there is a 2nd. I need to find that out and will get back when I find out.

Alex