PDA

View Full Version : Remember to Vote tomorrow

T-Bird76
2008-02-04, 10:05 AM
As we all know tomorrow is Super Tuesday and a very important day that will help steer our nation forward. If you are registered to vote in a political primary by all means please do so! The election in Nov will be one of the most important our country has seen in many years. Its truly anyones game right now and each of the canidates will need the full support of their backers. Tomorrow is the real Super Bowl folks, don't take it lightly, its our nations future.

flyboy 28
2008-02-04, 12:33 PM
I registered one day too late to be able to vote in the primary. :(

PhilDernerJr
2008-02-04, 03:15 PM
Agreed. Get out there and vote!

Matt Molnar
2008-02-04, 06:40 PM
I'm registered as an independent, so I'm not allowed to vote tomorrow. I'M DISENFRANCHISED!

jran225
2008-02-04, 07:37 PM
I'll be voting next Tuesday. Boo-yah! :D

Greets,
-Omar S.

T-Bird76
2008-02-04, 09:22 PM
I'M DISENFRANCHISED!

Matt you should go see a doctor and have that taken care of ;)

Matt Molnar
2008-02-05, 02:40 AM
I'M DISENFRANCHISED!

Matt you should go see a doctor and have that taken care of ;)
FIGHT THE POWER!

I'm all about states' rights and all, but why didn't the framers come up with a uniform system for national elections? Why is it that an independent cannot vote in primaries in the state of New York, but in some states anyone registered, no matter what affiliation, can vote in any primary?

RDU-JFK
2008-02-05, 09:29 AM
I'm a registered republican and I received no literature in the mail reminding me to vote. Any other New Yorkers here NOT receive any info?

moose135
2008-02-05, 09:59 AM
I'm a registered republican and I received no literature in the mail reminding me to vote. Any other New Yorkers here NOT receive any info?

I'm registered Democrat, and I don't remember receiving anything either. In the past, I remember getting a post card before the general election (and perhaps the state-wide primary in September) with the date and place to vote, but I don't recall getting the same for the presidential primary.

PhilDernerJr
2008-02-05, 11:01 AM
Same here as a Repiblican. I received nothing, and wasn't even sure if Super Tuesday applied to NYers.

I will be making my way to my elemetary school later on after work to vote for ______________ :wink:

Matt Molnar
2008-02-05, 11:08 AM
I will be making my way to my elemetary school later on after work to vote for ______________ :wink:
Ron Paul, right?

PhilDernerJr
2008-02-05, 11:18 AM
I was actually going to write-in Chris Kilroy. :mrgreen:

I just hope a lot of people turn out.

Midnight Mike
2008-02-05, 11:31 AM

In California we receive lots of good stuff, sample ballots & a registration guide which contains Pros/Cons on all the props & information on the candidates. There is also a good website http://lavote.net/

There is also a handy website for the New Yorkers...
http://www.vote.nyc.ny.us/votersguide.html

Midnight Mike
2008-02-05, 11:43 AM
This is going to be a very exciting election, the polls are all over the place. :shock:

For a while McCain & Clinton enjoyed sizable leads, but, in some markets, Romney & Obama are enjoying a surge of votes & in some states, have closed the gap.

Nationally Clinton enjoys a 5 point lead in front of Obama, while McCain has a 20 point lead in front of Romney, with Huckabee out of the race, the race tightens up......

cancidas
2008-02-05, 12:23 PM

same here, got nada. i just got back actually, had to go to the post office and pharmacy etc. i actually had to wait in line for 20 minutes, there were a lot of ppl there for 10:30.

RDU-JFK
2008-02-05, 01:17 PM
My co-worker in NJ received something and he's registered republican...very strange...oh well. After work it is!

T-Bird76
2008-02-05, 07:52 PM
I casted my vote! For you can take a guess who?

Midnight Mike
2008-02-05, 07:57 PM
I casted my vote! For you can take a guess who?

Well, we will add him to the graveyard, next to your Vote for Fred Avatar :wink:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/MidnightMike/Comments/golfclap01kq5.gif

T-Bird76
2008-02-05, 08:16 PM
[quote="T-Bird76":4f377]I casted my vote! For you can take a guess who?

Well, we will add him to the graveyard, next to your Vote for Fred Avatar :wink:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/MidnightMike/Comments/golfclap01kq5.gif[/quote:4f377]

BITE ME!

NIKV69
2008-02-06, 12:36 PM
Well, we will add him to the graveyard, next to your Vote for Fred Avatar

Post of the week! I was going to say Fred Thompson but I forgot Tommy dropped him like a bad habit.

I didn't get a chance to vote since I am out of state but the man I would voted for won big anyway.

T-Bird76
2008-02-06, 12:42 PM
Well, we will add him to the graveyard, next to your Vote for Fred Avatar

Post of the week! I was going to say Fred Thompson but I forgot Tommy dropped him like a bad habit.

I didn't get a chance to vote since I am out of state but the man I would voted for won big anyway.

Funny how Mike was so wrong wasn't he.....Mike was also wrong when I had dinner with him a few months ago and said a Senator would never be President...hmmm That doesn't seem to be the case now.

Midnight Mike
2008-02-06, 01:35 PM
Funny how Mike was so wrong wasn't he.....Mike was also wrong when I had dinner with him a few months ago and said a Senator would never be President...hmmm That doesn't seem to be the case now.

Tommy

You quoted me wrong, I believe that I do not like voting for Senators if that is their only qualification, as Senators generally, do not have leadership experience....

I did not vote for Senator Dole when he was running back in 1996 I believe, but, if push came to shove & depending on who the Vice President candidate is, I would hold my nose & vote for Senator McCain. He does have the military leadership to back up his time in the Senate.

The reason that I was against Senator Thompson was the fact the only experience he had was his stint in the Senate....[/quote]

T-Bird76
2008-02-06, 02:23 PM
Mike you sound like your flip flopping.....LOL Oh how about Obama....he's not dead! He's alive and steam rolling his way to victory!

PhilDernerJr
2008-02-06, 02:25 PM
As much as I'd like him to win, I don't think Obama will pull through. Like I said, if he had a little more time to gather the masses, maybe. But it's simply too late in the running.

T-Bird76
2008-02-06, 02:35 PM
As much as I'd like him to win, I don't think Obama will pull through. Like I said, if he had a little more time to gather the masses, maybe. But it's simply too late in the running.

Phils its far from to late....right now they are in a dead heat and its anybody's game. Certainly not to late at all.

Midnight Mike
2008-02-06, 02:42 PM
Mike you sound like your flip flopping.....LOL Oh how about Obama....he's not dead! He's alive and steam rolling his way to victory!

Don't you start!

Not a flip-flopper, just trying to define my position on electing a Senator.

Senator Dole, Senator Edwards, Senator Clinton, Senator Obama, Senator Kerry, Senator Ted Kennedy. No leadership experience whether military or Corporate...

Senator McCain has leadership experience from the military.

My personal preference is still to vote for Governors or Mayors, or some sort of business leadership.

Midnight Mike
2008-02-06, 02:44 PM

I agree with Tommy that is still toooo early to call anybody the victor, if the vote is close, John Edwards is the Wild Card in the deck & who he will give his delegate votes to.

Also, an edorsement from Edwards can tilt victor to one side or the other.