PDA

View Full Version : Democrats debate on CNN, 31-January

Midnight Mike
2008-01-31, 06:37 PM
Obama, Clinton set for one-on-one face off

31-January
CNN

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/ca ... nn-debate/ (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/category/cnn-debate/)

jran225
2008-01-31, 10:27 PM
I've been watching the debate online for the past hour or so and I can honestly say that I'm very happy with the way that BOTH candidates are presenting themselves and portraying each other. While I'm still an avid supporter of Obama, Clinton would also do great things for our country...it looks like a win-win as far as the Democratic candidates go. Sweet deal! :D

Greets,
-Omar S.

Midnight Mike
2008-01-31, 10:32 PM
[youtubetp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUArS9NP-So[/youtube

PhilDernerJr
2008-02-01, 05:29 AM
I watched it and, though you saw a few individual opinions, like shown above, they seemed very guarded and boring to me.

They seemed scared to really pound any points home, and often agreed with and were too nice to each other. They seem to scared to mess up that they aren't sharing their real political views.

T-Bird76
2008-02-01, 10:40 AM
I watched it and, though you saw a few individual opinions, like shown above, they seemed very guarded and boring to me.

They seemed scared to really pound any points home, and often agreed with and were too nice to each other. They seem to scared to mess up that they aren't sharing their real political views.

Phil I'm not sure how you got that from this debate? I think it was a refreshing change from the normal he said she said crap that has been going on. The one thing that I think is truly amazing is that this debate was the first time there was no "white males" but only a woman and a blackmale. If you truly think about that it really is amazing and speaks VOLUMES to the progress our country has made. Whether or not you like these two candiates I think its awesome the history that was made last night.

PhilDernerJr
2008-02-01, 11:26 AM
I guess I was just expecting someone to say something a little more earht-shattering or with more impact. It's like they were sitting back on a couch havin a beer. "Nah man, I see what you're saying, but like....."

Sure it's historic, but the discussion itself wasn't interesting and had no influence on me at all.

Matt Molnar
2008-02-01, 01:12 PM
Sounded like they decided before the debate to attack the GOP candidates rather than each other.