PDA

View Full Version : Edwards to Drop White House Bid

Midnight Mike
2008-01-30, 01:06 PM
John Edwards plans to drop out of the presidential race Wednesday afternoon, ending a spirited underdog bid that was watered down by his distant third finish in the South Carolina primary on Saturday.

The decision leaves Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton to battle it out in the increasingly competitive and bitter Democratic contest.

http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/01/ ... ouse-race/ (http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/01/30/edwards-to-drop-out-of-white-house-race/)

PhilDernerJr
2008-01-30, 01:20 PM
Who will he back? hmmmm

adam613
2008-01-30, 01:31 PM
Who will he back? hmmmm

Obama. Word on the street is Obama would nominate Edwards for Attorney General if he's elected.

Tom_Turner
2008-02-01, 09:24 PM
Who will he back? hmmmm

Obama. Word on the street is Obama would nominate Edwards for Attorney General if he's elected.

Thats unfortunate. It really doesn't help me vote for Obama.

Tom

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-02-02, 10:19 PM
I think (and shutter) that whoever wins the Democratic nomination will not be elected to office. Why? Because all the Republicans are white men.
I think this is wrong, but you know that the country is not as open minded as we claim it to be.

I am very liberal. I am a Registered Democrat (Pre Registered and turn 18 in July, voting in November election). I do not think that our country can handle another Republican in office right after the one we have now.

I am Pro-Hillary now. I think Obama is a great candidate but I also think he is not as ready as he thinks he is.

Bottom line: John Edwards would have been favored if he was nominated over McCain and Romney.

I think that whoever wins the nomination, say Hillary for example... I would love to see a Hillary-Obama choice on my ballot.

wunaladreamin
2008-02-02, 11:53 PM
Because all the Republicans are white men.
I think this is wrong, but you know that the country is not as open minded as we claim it to be.

I disagree. I am very Republican and I think a woman is very capable of being POTUS. I also think the U.S. is ready for a woman POTUS. But I also think Hillary is not the right one to do it. Also, I think an African-American is very capable to run our country as well. I also think we are ready for it too. I just don't think Obama is the right one for the job either (I think more along the lines of Powell).

PhilDernerJr
2008-02-03, 07:05 AM
As I white male Republican, I disagree, and in fact, I welcome someone like Obama into the White House.

I just really do not want Hillary in there in any capacity.

Midnight Mike
2008-02-03, 09:35 AM
As I white male Republican, I disagree, and in fact, I welcome someone like Obama into the White House.

I just really do not want Hillary in there in any capacity.

If I had to choose between Clinton & Obama, I would have to choose Clinton. Now, consider, I dislike Clinton, do not trust her & hate her politics, BUT, between a choice between her & Obama, I would choose Clinton.

Obama is simply tooooo inexperienced & I hate to say it naive.

Obama's politics of Health Care are wrong, he says that people do not have Health Care because they can not afford for it, that is partially wrong. People do not have Health Care for several reasons: Some can not afford it, others can afford it, but are tooo young to bother with it & would rather spend their money on partying, others are contract worker & do not want to spend the money, & lastly, some are illegal aliens.

I always use myself as an example, when I was a contract money, my agency paid me extra money & the choice was mine to pay or not pay for Health Care, well, I was in my 20's, so, I pocketed the money. 47 million & none can afford it, give me a break.

International politics, he high & mighty attitude of talking to Iran & other nations that the United States has problems with, is simply childish. There are reasons why countries do not get along with each other & to say that past Presidents were wrong, perhaps Obama needs to do a little research.

Iraq, pulling out of any place toooo quickly can be a recipe for disaster, I would remind Obama, look what happened in Vietnam when we pulled out toooo fast. Clinton, believe it or not, sees the problems & has been tip-toeing around the issue of when she would pull out of Iraq.

Those are just a couple of my pet-peeves with Obama & I like the guy :mrgreen: He gives positives speeches & inspires people, but, so what, I would rather vote for somebody that I hate, but would have a better chance at getting the job done. Obama would have made somebody a fine Vice President & but, is simply not ready to sit in the big chair....

Just for the record, I am voting Republican.