PDA

View Full Version : The NYCA Political Poll

T-Bird76
2008-01-23, 12:33 AM
So with all these polls going on, I think it might be interested in seeing the thoughts of our own members. Feel free to discuss the issues and why you picked the candidate you did. Remember keep it civil, this is a hot race and tempers can flare.

cancidas
2008-01-23, 02:54 AM
this election is only the second time that i'll find myself going into the booth and not being able to decide. i just don't like any of them, and have yet to decide which is the lesser of the evils.

T-Bird76
2008-01-23, 10:39 AM
Well so far Obama is in the lead here folks... Comeon guys and gals make a choice!

PhilDernerJr
2008-01-23, 10:43 AM
Who are the ones voting for Hillary?! Show yourselves! haha

Midnight Mike
2008-01-23, 11:17 AM
Well so far Obama is in the lead here folks... Comeon guys and gals make a choice!

Oh yeah, just remember the last person that Tommy supported!!!!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/MidnightMike/Smileys/taunt003.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/MidnightMike/Smileys/lol.gif

RDU-JFK
2008-01-23, 11:18 AM
Question...if Giuliani wins the Republican nomination, does he stand any chance at winning New York in the presidential race if he's going up against Osama or Clinton?

flyboy 28
2008-01-23, 11:21 AM
I don't see Huckabee there, so I put "other".

Midnight Mike
2008-01-23, 11:45 AM
Question...if Giuliani wins the Republican nomination, does he stand any chance at winning New York in the presidential race if he's going up against Osama or Clinton?

Wow, that is a very interesting question, Rudy had a very loyal following in New York, and of course had a group of people that hated his guts....

The NY Times will be working overtime attack Rudy on just about everything he ever did in NY...

If Bloomberg does not enter the presidential arena & ensorses Rudy, it will be very close....

mirrodie
2008-01-23, 12:05 PM
I gotta tell you, I am usually pretty mum about my political views, but I like Obama.

And while the media bashes his inexperience, he certainly has much more experience that our founding forefathers had.

As to the issues, none of the candidates has a great plan to take our country forward the next 4 years. Then again, look at the palette they have to begin with.

T-Bird76
2008-01-23, 12:12 PM
I don't see Huckabee there, so I put "other".

You mean Suckabee? LOLOL j/k The guy doesn't stand a chance and prob will be out of it in the next two weeks. The only reason he got Iowa was because of the Christian right, he doesn't stand a chance in the more progressive states.

flyboy 28
2008-01-23, 12:26 PM
[quote="flyboy 28":2dc4a]I don't see Huckabee there, so I put "other".

You mean Suckabee? LOLOL j/k The guy doesn't stand a chance and prob will be out of it in the next two weeks. The only reason he got Iowa was because of the Christian right, he doesn't stand a chance in the more progressive states.[/quote:2dc4a]

I know, I know. :P I'm very fond of his immigration policies.

Midnight Mike
2008-01-23, 12:39 PM
I gotta tell you, I am usually pretty mum about my political views, but I like Obama.

And while the media bashes his inexperience, he certainly has much more experience that our founding forefathers had.

As to the issues, none of the candidates has a great plan to take our country forward the next 4 years. Then again, look at the palette they have to begin with.

Well, if you are talking about George Washington, he was a General in charge of the military, that counts as leadership in my book.

T-Bird76
2008-01-23, 12:40 PM

Well, if you are talking about George Washington, he was a General in charge of the military, that counts as leadership in my book.

Remeber though Mike, military leadership is vastly different then civil.

nwafan20
2008-01-23, 06:20 PM
Romney for me,

Best conservative candidate out there.

Obama is just plain horrible!

bonanzabucks
2008-01-23, 06:34 PM
I chose Giuliani even though he now doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell. Again, like I commented on the Thompson thread, it's incredible how things change so fast.

The others, in summation:

Clinton: Grudgingly my second choice mostly because she's smart.
Obama: Zero experience and too left-wing for me. But he's a fellow smoker (to my surprise!), so I gotta give him props for that! lol
McCain: Too old.
Romney: Slimeball who changes his opinions all the time. Kinda like Kerry, except on the Republicans. What's with the Mass. politicians?
Edwards: Waaaay to left-wing for me.
Huckabee: Too redneck; wants religion to have too big a say, not smart enough and he flips-flops on a lot of issues (i.e. immigration and taxes).

NIKV69
2008-01-23, 07:10 PM
he certainly has much more experience that our founding forefathers had.

Well that is great if this was the 1800s but it isn't. It's 2008. We need a leader and he lacks in that department.

Looking at the big picture I don't think it's hard to see Hillary is the nominee for the Dems. To beat her in the general I feel Rudy has the best chance. I would be nervous if it was McCain. I like Romney but most of the country can't get past his mormon background and he has flip flopped badly.

Obama's ideas are not practical. This country will never have socialized health care. It's a train wreck and for him and Hillary to lie to the country and say they are going to persue it is just playing to the Bush haters who want any edge to get a Dem in office.

Pulling out of Iraq, again another lie. Even Obama knows deep down things are starting to improve for the country of Iraq and to pull out would be a disaster. Again this is catering to the codepink and moveon.org crowd who want to do anything and everything to get a Dem in the white house.

Clinton: Grudgingly my second choice mostly because she's smart.
Obama: Zero experience and too left-wing for me. But he's a fellow smoker (to my surprise!), so I gotta give him props for that! lol
Romney: Slimeball who changes his opinions all the time. Kinda like Kerry, except on the Republicans. What's with the Mass. politicians?
Huckabee: Too redneck; wants religion to have too big a say, not smart enough and he flips-flops on a lot of issues (i.e. immigration and taxes).

Nice summary, it's sad that age will play a part in his chances but sometimes he doesn't look healthwise on TV and other times he looks well. It is an issue though.

lijk604
2008-01-23, 07:35 PM
[quote:e95a2]Clinton: Grudgingly my second choice mostly because she's smart.

Nice summary, it's sad that age will play a part in his chances but sometimes he doesn't look healthwise on TV and other times he looks well. It is an issue though.[/quote:e95a2]

I unfortunately agree here...personally I think McCain is the best man for the job, the problem is I feel a lot of the country will view him as not in the best of health, and he therefore will not carry the Republican nod. Who do I vote for after him??? I honestly do not know.

Midnight Mike
2008-01-25, 10:15 AM
I chose Giuliani even though he now doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell. Again, like I commented on the Thompson thread, it's incredible how things change so fast.

Voting in Florida is getting downright interesting, here are the latest poll numers

Romney - 24.4%
McCain - 24.4%
Rudy - 18.6%
Huckabee - 15.8%

(Did not include the Democrat poll numbers as Florida does not get any delegate votes this year, due to moving up their primary)

mirrodie
2008-01-25, 03:50 PM
Well that is great if this was the 1800s but it isn't. It's 2008. We need a leader and he lacks in that department.

Oh, its 2008? Thanks for clarifying that. The computers and automobiles so typical of the 1800s did confuse me. :wink:

Obama's ideas are not practical. This country will never have socialized health care.

This country has faced lots of 'nevers' in its time. So that does remain to be seen.

and for him and Hillary to lie to the country and say they are going to persue it is just playing to the Bush haters who want any edge to get a Dem in office.

I don't think they are consciously lying as implied. I can think of lies about "read my Lips, no new taxes", "No, I did not have sexual relations with that woman," and of WMDs.

Even Obama knows deep down things are starting to improve for the country of Iraq and to pull out would be a disaster.

Agreed. But a pullout has to be planned and determined.

I unfortunately agree here...personally I think McCain is the best man for the job, the problem is I feel a lot of the country will view him as not in the best of health, and he therefore will not carry the Republican nod. Who do I vote for after him??? I honestly do not know.

Unfortunately, that is how I see a lot of this playing out too.

NIKV69
2008-01-25, 04:30 PM
This country has faced lots of 'nevers' in its time. So that does remain to be seen.

We have but I think it's safe to say we are not going to see that kind of health care system in this country. It's a smoke screen the left is using to try to get into office since they can't do it on the merit of their two front runners.

don't think they are consciously lying as implied. I can think of lies about "read my Lips, no new taxes", "No, I did not have sexual relations with that woman," and of WMDs.

Any way you choose to spin it both Obama and Clinton know that socialized health care has no chance of passing and a sudden cut and run pull out of Iraq would be a disaster and in reality they wouldn't do. Hillary as already proven that she flip fliopped on the war. First she voted for it (after she did her own research and didn't trust intelligence) then she says it was a mistake. Now she is telling people she is going to end the war immediately. You can see right through it. If you feel that lying to get votes as means to a political end is not a lie great. Unfortunately it still is.

Agreed. But a pullout has to be planned and determined.

Sure and it will be and we will let the Generals advice dictate that. We can't just cut and run and Hillary and Obama know that will never happen. Yet they both (Hillary especially) has to cater to the codepinks so they have to pledge to voters they will cut and run.

Unfortunately, that is how I see a lot of this playing out too.

McCain has come a long way. He is campaigning very well and I loved the way he handled Norris' age comments. Going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

NYCMedic
2008-01-27, 12:10 AM
http://www.badtasteadvertising.com/images/missa/hillary_kfcspecial.jpg

mirrodie
2008-01-28, 07:49 PM
So last I heard, Kennedy was going to announce his backing of Obama.

Anyone surprised?

Midnight Mike
2008-01-28, 08:53 PM
So last I heard, Kennedy was going to announce his backing of Obama.

Anyone surprised?

Obama was endorsed by the Kennedys & John Kerry.

Senator Ted Kennedy & Senator John Kerry, two people that I dislike.

Why is Obama surrounding himself with people that are pare of the problem in our government, sheesh.

The Kerry endorsment will not do anything, the Kenndy endorsement will help out with the democratic base & fund raising, but, will turn off the Independents & swing votes from the Republicans....

NYCMedic
2008-03-05, 05:51 PM
The Many Faces Of Hil.....

http://www.danzfamily.com/archives/blogphotos/07/hillary-clinton-faces-vertical.jpg

jran225
2008-03-05, 07:01 PM
Good god, I need to go outside and walk that off. I'm feeling a bit woozy..

Greets,
-Omar S.

Tom_Turner
2008-03-05, 09:16 PM
I can't remember when Hillary was ever awoken by a phone call "at 3am" -- "because something was happening in the world"

What crisis was that? What did she decide?

If I end up voting for a Democrat (not sure yet), It'll be for Obama. When I see Hillary exercise her "populist" campaigning skills all I see is an extraordinary lust for power and am reminded it is not a good thing that so many ignorant folks are encouraged to vote.

Tom

wunaladreamin
2008-03-05, 11:38 PM
Good god, I need to go outside and walk that off. I'm feeling a bit woozy..

Greets,
-Omar S.

No kidding, egadz!

hiss srq
2008-03-06, 09:32 AM
It is all about the Mac this year. Johnny Mac has my vote.

T-Bird76
2008-03-06, 11:28 AM
It is all about the Mac this year. Johnny Mac has my vote.

What's your reason for supporting him Ryan? I read most of your comments and they are all right wing slanted yet McCain has partnered on many occasion with the far left on many policies. There a good reason why the Conservatives will never support him. McCain will not win, the man doesn't stand a chance against either Obama or Clinton.

hiss srq
2008-03-06, 11:54 AM
Tom, at this point, Huck is gone, he is the closest thing I have to my views otherwise I just would soon not vote at all but I would not be doing my civic duty. Basically, it comes down to there being no one else to vote for and I refuse to not vote.

T-Bird76
2008-03-06, 12:02 PM
Tom, at this point, Huck is gone, he is the closest thing I have to my views otherwise I just would soon not vote at all but I would not be doing my civic duty. Basically, it comes down to there being no one else to vote for and I refuse to not vote.

But then you’re choosing to vote for someone who you truly don't support, who won't truly represent your views or beliefs just to vote? I know voting is important, I've never missed a vote but I won't vote for someone I don't support. By not voting based on your core beliefs you are also exercising your civic duty by saying as a citizen I'm not happy with what I have to choose. I sure as hell won't be voting for Clinton if she's the Dem's candidate. I'd rather send a message of protest then to simply vote for someone I don't support.

Clinton and Obama better have a face to face close door conversation real soon because it’s going to get ugly fast. She's going to drag this thing through the mud to get her way. I just hope the delegates respect the fact that Obama is leading in the popular vote and they respect the will of the people.

mirrodie
2008-10-17, 03:49 PM
Ahhhh...

Only 8 months later, its always good to revisit old discussions.

Tom, I was reading your last note. Its a great point. However, perhaps the political process WOULD be great if we DID have the option to vote "Not happy with the choices".

Matt Molnar
2008-10-17, 04:44 PM
Go Giuliani go! Oh, darn.

T-Bird76
2008-10-20, 02:49 PM
Go Giuliani go! Oh, darn.

Who let Nick V vote more then once? LOLOLOL BTW Matt your avatar gave me seizure.