PDA

View Full Version : KLM Deploying 777-300ER to JFK on Tue +3xweekly from Jun

Iberia A340-600
2008-01-22, 11:47 PM
Starting at the end of April KLM will be deploying their new Boeing 777-300ER on KL641/642 on Tuesdays for the summer 2008 schedule.

KL641 has an ETA of 15:20 and KL642 a STD of 18:30.

Delta777LR
2008-01-23, 03:46 AM
Wow!! thats great news to hear. Has the first 773 been delivered to KLM yet?

PhilDernerJr
2008-01-23, 06:58 AM
Interesting stuff. JFK's traffic is getting more and more entertaining as we go. Perhaps we'll be giving LAX a run for their money soon, especially after October!

JZ1
2008-01-23, 12:28 PM
Interesting stuff. JFK's traffic is getting more and more entertaining as we go. Perhaps we'll be giving LAX a run for their money soon, especially after October!
Phil, you think so? I know we will get the A-380 after Oct. But IMHO I still think LAX has more variety than US, particularly with passenger versions of the Asian airlines that either don't come or come too late -- MH, MU, PR, NZ, BR, CI. Anyways, LAX is my next spotting destination after visiting MIA.

SoPictureThis
2008-01-23, 12:34 PM

Hahaha no way!! JFK has been winning that race for yearsss. LAX haha....*yawn*. :P

Bashing the diversity of traffic at my home airport aside, this is very surprising news to me. I had thought there was a list of destinations outside of North America (GRU and DXB I believe, among them) which would see the a/c type before us. woo JFK!

- jMay

eric8669
2008-01-23, 12:35 PM
Phil, you think so? I know we will get the A-380 after Oct. But IMHO I still think LAX has more variety than US, particularly with passenger versions of the Asian airlines that either don't come or come too late -- MH, MU, PR, NZ, BR, CI. Anyways, LAX is my next spotting destination after visiting MIA.

MU and CI both fly into JFK, we just don't see them as they come in after dark. I have seen both China Eastern's special Livery and China Airlines Dreamliner Scheme at JFK.

PhilDernerJr
2008-01-23, 12:49 PM

Hahaha no way!! JFK has been winning that race for yearsss. LAX haha....*yawn*. :P

Bashing the diversity of traffic at my home airport aside, this is very surprising news to me. I had thought there was a list of destinations outside of North America (GRU and DXB I believe, among them) which would see the a/c type before us. woo JFK!

- jMay

I don't think we'll beat LAX any time soon, but for a few years I've been a little disappointed with the variety of service JFK was getting. I think it's much more interesting now. Obviously we'll never be able to enjoy the amazing Asian carriers that LAX gets.

adam613
2008-01-23, 12:58 PM
I don't think we'll beat LAX any time soon, but for a few years I've been a little disappointed with the variety of service JFK was getting. I think it's much more interesting now. Obviously we'll never be able to enjoy the amazing Asian carriers that LAX gets.

And they'll never be able to enjoy the amazing European carriers we get. As much as I'd love to take a spotting trip to LAX one of these days, we do pretty well in NYC.

njgtr82
2008-01-23, 12:59 PM
[quote="Phil D.":61834]Interesting stuff. JFK's traffic is getting more and more entertaining as we go. Perhaps we'll be giving LAX a run for their money soon, especially after October!

- jMay

I don't think we'll beat LAX any time soon, but for a few years I've been a little disappointed with the variety of service JFK was getting. I think it's much more interesting now. Obviously we'll never be able to enjoy the amazing Asian carriers that LAX gets.[/quote:61834]

Well what hurts JFK is that it competes with EWR. LAX has no airports taking away carriers. Newark is getting China Southern and Hainan while it already has scheduled service from EVA and Malaysia from the Asian market.

T-Bird76
2008-01-23, 01:05 PM
You what I think it comes down to between JFK and LAX, we are use to JFK..We are use to all the BA birds and know when they come in etc. When I talk to the guys out in LAX they say the samething how boring LAX is. The one thing LAX has over JFK is ease of spotting and you are much closer to the action then at JFK. I'll agree with Phil though its really only been in the past year maybe the past year and a half that JFK's traffic has become more interesting.

SoPictureThis
2008-01-23, 06:21 PM
[quote="Phil D.":9b3c5]Interesting stuff. JFK's traffic is getting more and more entertaining as we go. Perhaps we'll be giving LAX a run for their money soon, especially after October!

- jMay

I don't think we'll beat LAX any time soon, but for a few years I've been a little disappointed with the variety of service JFK was getting. I think it's much more interesting now. Obviously we'll never be able to enjoy the amazing Asian carriers that LAX gets.[/quote:9b3c5]

Allow me to further demonstrate to you the erroneous nature of the belief that JFK spotters "[will] never be able to enjoy the amazing Asian carriers" which serve LAX. I'll not include the Indian carriers, Jet Airways and Air India, since both will soon have service to each airport:

Asian carriers at LAX:
Air China
ANA
Asiana
Cathay Pacific
China Airlines
China Eastern
China Southern
EVA Air
JAL
Korean Air
Malaysia Airlines
Philippines
Singapore Airlines
Thai Airways

Total = 14

Asian carriers serving JFK:
Air China
ANA
Asiana
Cathay Pacific
China Airlines
China Eastern
JAL
Korean Air
Singapore Airlines
Thai Airways

Total = 10

To think that JFK doesn't have plenty of Asian carriers is silly. JFK sees 10 of these 14 Asian airlines serving LAX. As mentioned, to the JFK spotters willing to cross bridges/pay tolls -- add Malaysia and EVA, for a total of 12 of these 14 Asian airlines one can see at LAX.

Basically, the only of these airlines which do not grace the NJ/NY skies are Philippines and China Southern (which will be serving EWR in the not too distant future).

I can understand an individual's frustration towards the expansion of carriers at JFK in the past, especially if they've been raised here and spotting since....but nowadays, 10/14 at JFK alone? Not too shabby. It's absurd to say Kennedy doesn't have its fair share of Asian traffic.

Case closed. ** cues Law & Order chime **

:roll: :roll: :roll:

- jMay

Iberia A340-600
2008-01-25, 11:34 PM
Just a heads up that the 777-300ER starts Tuesday, April 22nd.

Iberia A340-600
2008-02-25, 08:07 AM
Turns out starting in June the 777-300ER will actually be operating into JFK on a 3xweekly basis. It will operate KL641/642 on Tuesdasys, Thursdays, and Saturdays now!

Of course flights are subject to loads.