PDA

View Full Version : GRB Departures after Giants/Packers Game

LGA777
2008-01-21, 06:26 PM
I thought it would be interesting to some the level of private jet traffic from GRB after the Giants/Packers NFC Championship game last night, probably more than you might expect.

All departures are bizjets between 2300L and 0100L only going to the NYC area.
TEB 8
LGA 2
FRG 1
HPN 1
MMU 3 (Morristown, NJ)
Total: 15

I saw about 25 other bizjet departures likely tied to the game including Packers Fans

The by far most interesting departure though was today to JFK and was probably a first for GRB, perhaps a wealthy group fan charter ?

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ESS9824

And the Giants went home on their usual flt, UA 9905, a 763 for their Playoff trips to TPA, DFW, and Wisconsin, although interestingly although they departed GRB as expected, inbound they went to ATW, Appleton, Wisc, which I am guessing does not see a lot of widebodies.

For the Superbowl, I am guessing UA will give the Giants a 744, or at least a 777 !

Cheers

LGA777

moose135
2008-01-21, 06:50 PM
The by far most interesting departure though was today to JFK and was probably a first for GRB, perhaps a wealthy group fan charter?
Big Blue Travel, which specializes in Giant ticket/travel packages, had a charter to GB, with about 200 fans. From the Newsday article, the packages ranged from $1,795 to $1,995 and included seats for the game, round-trip airfare, two nights in a hotel, and a pre-game tailgate party. They sold it out on Monday morning following the Dallas game, and said they had 700-800 more people looking to go.

njgtr82
2008-01-21, 11:08 PM
And the Giants went home on their usual flt, UA 9905, a 763 for their Playoff trips to TPA, DFW, and Wisconsin, although interestingly although they departed GRB as expected, inbound they went to ATW, Appleton, Wisc, which I am guessing does not see a lot of widebodies.

For the Superbowl, I am guessing UA will give the Giants a 744, or at least a 777 !

Cheers

LGA777

When they left Saturday I gave the United flight a nice "Go Packers!" which turned into a wow they must hate you up there comment from an American Eagle flight. I told them I'm a Lions fan so I was rooting for the NFC central team. Gave them a good laugh though(I'm guessing because who in their right mind admits they're a Lions fan) and that didn't work out obviously. But I hope they do send a 747 again, weather was total crap when it came for the London game.

lijk604
2008-01-22, 09:15 AM
The phones were very active at work yesterday, not suprisingly, we were getting calls all day requesting quotes for charters to the Superbowl. One already booked, still have about 10 more days to secure some more. :D