PDA

View Full Version : Some bad news

stuart schechter
2008-01-10, 10:35 PM
Well, I guess I can ruin the good run of birthday posts.

A little background info,

My grandmother is 86, and she has had M.S. for 30 years(wow). Sometimes she is fine, and other times, she can be in a lot of pain. When I went to FLL for break, she was admitted into the hospital the day we got there. We saw here every day and it got to a point where she couldn't even speak. Luckily, the next day she was much better and was released. Three days later, she went back in, this was the 1st of January.

This brings us to today, where she didn't wake up this morning, she was unconsious and unresponsive, but breathing. She went into a semi-coma and was only on morphine with a DNR, and didn't think she would make it through the day. But when my brother and mother got there later today, she was able to wave goodbye. She is currently on an assisted breathing machine. Unfortunately, because my school is very tough, I am staying up here until the inevitable happens, and then I will head down.

USAF Pilot 07
2008-01-11, 12:34 AM
Sorry to hear that man...

PhilDernerJr
2008-01-11, 08:28 AM
Very sorry to hear. Thirty years is a long time to fight MS. Many of us will be lucky to live that long, however.

My prayers are with your family.

wunaladreamin
2008-01-11, 09:06 AM
You are in my prayers. Should the inevitable happen, try to find comfort in knowing she is in a better place free of suffering and pain, and that no matter what, she will always be with you.

RDU-JFK
2008-01-11, 09:13 AM
Hang in there, Stuart.

hiss srq
2008-01-11, 09:38 AM
Hang in there man, your in my prayers.

nwafan20
2008-01-11, 04:07 PM
Yeah, very sorry to hear that. You are in my prayers as well.

stuart schechter
2008-01-12, 12:31 PM
Thanks everyone for your kind words. She was moved to a hospice yesterday and is in and out of consiousness all day.

mirrodie
2008-01-12, 01:09 PM
Our prayers are with you Stuart.

Midnight Mike
2008-01-12, 05:45 PM
stuart schechter

Sorry dude, wishing you all the best & kinda of feel your pain. My father-n-law has been battling liver cancer & we just found out that he now has bone cancer, they are starting morphine treatments, so, I do not know how much longer he has to live...

Best of luck with your grandmother, hopefully whatever happens, it happens quick....

stuart schechter
2008-01-13, 08:21 PM
Well I flew down last night on AirTran, got in at 11 and went and slept at our family condo. We got word this morning that she had passed. According to some family members who were there it was like someone flipped a switch, just like we all had hoped. We are having a funeral on Tuesday and I will be back on wednesday. Thank you all for your kind words. Thank you

wunaladreamin
2008-01-13, 08:28 PM
She's in a better place free of pain and suffering. May she have eternal peace. My sincerest condolances to you and yours Stuart.

emshighway
2008-01-13, 09:12 PM
Been through it many times Stuart. Be appreciative in the fact that you are old enough to remember her and the good times you had. While you may be sad she has passed, rejoice in the fact that she has moved on to a place where she is free of her pain and restraints of the MS.

She will be watching over you, make her proud.

moose135
2008-01-13, 10:11 PM
Stuart, my condolences to you and your family.

And Mike, my prayers are with your family as well.

adam613
2008-01-13, 10:26 PM
Baruch Dyan Emet, as the Jews say...

I'm sorry to hear this. Remember the good times...

Midnight Mike
2008-01-13, 10:47 PM
Well I flew down last night on AirTran, got in at 11 and went and slept at our family condo. We got word this morning that she had passed. According to some family members who were there it was like someone flipped a switch, just like we all had hoped. We are having a funeral on Tuesday and I will be back on wednesday. Thank you all for your kind words. Thank you

Please accept my sincere regrets in your moment of loss, though, it was for the best.......

mirrodie
2008-01-14, 10:12 AM
Our condolences, Stuart, for you and your family.

MarkLawrence
2008-01-14, 10:47 AM
Our condolences as well Stuart.

nwafan20
2008-01-14, 10:54 PM
Same Stuart, sorry to hear she passed, but just remember she is in a better place.